As I write this, I’m sitting on the terrace of Ashanti Guesthouse in Cape Town, thinking about Botswana. I was once in Gaborone, Botswana’s somewhat unassuming capital. Just for a weekend, really. Everything was closed and the town was very quiet. My young self, well… younger self, was easily bored, so after a few days […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Edinburgh underground 31 October 2014
- Silent Retro Sunday: Luna Park seen from Sydney Harbour, 2001 30 August 2015
- 11 most popular Instagrams in July 2015 26 August 2015
- Silent Sunday: Swedish Squirrel at Skansen in Stockholm 23 August 2015
- Norway on horseback 19 August 2015
- Silent Sunday: Abandoned carts at copper mine in Drammen, Norway 16 August 2015
- Lisa Goodmurphy: Love the Antwerp wall mural! I still feel bad that...
- Gilla: Beautiful choices!...
- Alina: We have orange squirrels in Ukraine too. How cute!...
- Cayce: SO CUTE....
- Natalie: I am ashamed to admit that at the grand old age of...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Berlin Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Copenhagen Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram islands Italy London Middle East mountains Nature New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance