As I write this, I’m sitting on the terrace of Ashanti Guesthouse in Cape Town, thinking about Botswana. I was once in Gaborone, Botswana’s somewhat unassuming capital. Just for a weekend, really. Everything was closed and the town was very quiet. My young self, well… younger self, was easily bored, so after a few days […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Underneath the river: Secret London 5 May 2016
- 11 things I love about Almaty 6 July 2016
- Dialogue in the Dark: blind in Hamburg 26 November 2015
- 48 hours in Hamburg 2 March 2016
- Leipzig i bilder 24 October 2016
- 24 hours in Leipzig 24 October 2016
- 11 grunner til å besøke Dresden 13 October 2016
- 11 things you’ll love about Dresden 13 October 2016
- Bokor Hill Station: Whispers of the past 29 September 2016
- Steven: Great description of Dresden.. i enjoy the article...
- End to End Travel Outsourcing: Great article. It was fun reading it. Thank you fo...
- Afzal Zaheer: Hi, I never knew that Dresden offers such a glo...
- KGB museum Vilnius | Sophie’s World Trave...: […] The KGB Museum Vilnius is a thought-prov...
- Nika: It is nice knowing a bit of history once in a whil...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram Ireland islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UAE UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance