I was going through some old photos and this one from the fish market in Maputo brought a smile to my face. It’s been about 15 years, gosh – yet I remember well wandering through this lively bazaar and chatting with these friendly, cheeky ladies. The Maputo fish market was near the beach – still […]
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Aachen Cathedral and Charlemagne’s BMI 13 June 2014
- Silent Sunday: Giraffes at the Klein Karoo in South Africa 29 March 2015
- 11 things to do in Dubai 25 March 2015
- Silent Sunday: House at hastily vacated Pyramiden in Svalbard 22 March 2015
- Mtskheta, UNESCO in Georgia 18 March 2015
- Silent Sunday: Destroyed by war, Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina 15 March 2015
- Marcia: Oh, and how easy is it to do all 7 emirates? How m...
- Marcia: Dubai and Abu Dhabi are on my list. I kick myself ...
- Rahman @ Iran small Tours: I wish the countries across the world could learn ...
- Corinne: Dune bashing out of Dubai was one of the funnest t...
- Laurel: I really wish I would have visited the desert when...