I was going through some old photos and this one from the fish market in Maputo brought a smile to my face. It’s been about 15 years, gosh – yet I remember well wandering through this lively bazaar and chatting with these friendly, cheeky ladies. The Maputo fish market was near the beach – still […]
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Aachen Cathedral and Charlemagne’s BMI 13 June 2014
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Silent Sunday: Town square at abandoned Pyramiden in Svalbard 26 April 2015
- World at a Glance: The Mesdag Panorama – walking into the painting 23 April 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Ciudad Este, Paraguay, 1997 19 April 2015
- UNESCO in Finland: Verla Groundwood and Board Mill 17 April 2015
- UNESCO in Finland: The old church at Petäjävesi 14 April 2015
- Leigh: Sounds like a very cool thing to do.I\'m glad you ...
- Maaike: That\'s interesting! I\'ve never heard of this!...
- Lisa Goodmurphy: Sounds like a fun museum! I was very disappointed ...
- Corinne: I\'ve got to go. It looks like a good idea, and I...
- Gayla: These are just beautiful. Are they locally made?...