I was going through some old photos and this one from the fish market in Maputo brought a smile to my face. It’s been about 15 years, gosh – yet I remember well wandering through this lively bazaar and chatting with these friendly, cheeky ladies. The Maputo fish market was near the beach – still […]
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Cinque Terre, Portovenere and the Poets 22 May 2015
- 11 things to do in Dubai 25 March 2015
- Silent Sunday: Lone lorry passing through the Hajar Mountains in Oman 29 November 2015
- Dialog im Dunkeln: en time som blind 26 November 2015
- Dialogue in the Dark: blind in Hamburg – #UnescoHamburg 26 November 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Toronto skyline, 1995 22 November 2015
- Rhine Valley highlights, eats and sleeps 18 November 2015
- Hans: Amazing how much downtown has changed since then ....
- Penny: Talk about a profound experience, though coming ba...
- Noah: What a lonely part of the country ... great pictur...
- Anirudh Singh: Dubai has always been on my list of places to Visi...
- Matt S.: Time really flies. \'95 is now retro. This photo l...