I was going through some old photos and this one from the fish market in Maputo brought a smile to my face. It’s been about 15 years, gosh – yet I remember well wandering through this lively bazaar and chatting with these friendly, cheeky ladies. The Maputo fish market was near the beach – still […]
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Edinburgh underground 31 October 2014
- Silent Sunday: Elevador da Glória, a Lisbon funicular 4 October 2015
- Insider Guide to Marrakech 30 September 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Biking by the Bay, Dominica 1995 27 September 2015
- Klosteret i Maulbronn 23 September 2015
- Maulbronn Monastery Complex 23 September 2015
- Rashedn Nabi: Lisbon is a magnificent city and the transportatio...
- budget jan: Lisbon is such a lovely city, quite unique I think...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I didn\'t know either - Domodossola, I mean. And I...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: It is :)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I\'m not sure either. The labour must have been ha...