I was going through some old photos and this one from the fish market in Maputo brought a smile to my face. It’s been about 15 years, gosh – yet I remember well wandering through this lively bazaar and chatting with these friendly, cheeky ladies. The Maputo fish market was near the beach – still [...]
Posted on 22 January 2012 by Anne-Sophie Redisch in Argentina, Austria, Egypt, Egypt, Faroe Islands, Faroe Islands, Food and drink, India, Italy, Jordan, Lists, Louisiana, Mozambique, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Ukraine
Travel ABCs are all the rage in the travel blogging circuit these days. Fun idea! Here’s the travel ABC of Sophie’s World:
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap [...]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Rural Majorca 25 April 2013
- Tbilisi by Instagram 30 July 2013
- Pictou, birthplace of Nova Scotia 22 May 2013
- Bewitching Kotor Bay 23 April 2014
- Sunday snapshot: Nevskij prospekt, Leningrad, 1984 20 April 2014
- Neum: where Bosnia and Herzegovina touches the sea 14 April 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- The Saint: a funky sleep in New Orleans 7 April 2014
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I\'d like to see northern Albania....
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Good to hear....
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Those sites are very much on my list. Thanks for t...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: :)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Ooh, would be cool to take a boat directly across....