I was going through some old photos and this one from the fish market in Maputo brought a smile to my face. It’s been about 15 years, gosh – yet I remember well wandering through this lively bazaar and chatting with these friendly, cheeky ladies. The Maputo fish market was near the beach – still [...]
Posted on 22 January 2012 by Anne-Sophie Redisch in Argentina, Austria, Egypt, Egypt, Faroe Islands, Faroe Islands, Food and drink, India, Italy, Jordan, Lists, Louisiana, Mozambique, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Ukraine
Travel ABCs are all the rage in the travel blogging circuit these days. Fun idea! Here’s the travel ABC of Sophie’s World:
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap [...]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Exploring Suomenlinna 17 September 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- Dublin after dark – mobile theatre 9 October 2013
- World at a Glance: Humayun’s Tomb 27 August 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Trolske Asdøljuvet 24 August 2014
- Silent Sunday: Enchanting Asdøljuvet Canyon 24 August 2014
- Laura Plantation – Portrait of a Creole family 20 August 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Fyrtårn i Summerside, Prince Edward Island 17 August 2014
- Jackie Smith: A wonderful story and brings to real life the hist...
- Maria Falvey: So many accomplishments during such a short life. ...
- Gil: Great picture of a very impressive building. Inte...
- Muza-chan: Great picture :)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Isn\'t really that unthinkable, is it......