The quality and style of this photo might indicate it’s ancient, much as my good self, like from the 1960s. But no, it’s simply a scanned version of a slide (remember those?) from the very last bits of the 20th century. I’ve been playing with a new pocket-sized scanner that promises to transform old slides […]
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Underneath the river: Secret London 5 May 2016
- Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan with G Adventures: a trip review 24 November 2016
- 11 things you’ll love about Almaty 6 July 2016
- 48 hours in Hamburg 2 March 2016
- World at a Glance: Tropical Island in a Nazi Hangar 8 February 2017
- A look inside North Korea 1 February 2017
- 7 things 2016 taught me 31 December 2016
- Bergen: Gingerbread town 2016 in photos 28 December 2016
- Christmas in India: 4000 steps, camels and sleeping amongst lambs 21 December 2016
- Anwar: Wow that is so fascinating. I never knew such a pl...
- Mahmoud: It looks nice to visit but the main concern is it ...
- Mahmoud: Looks really beautiful! Thanks for sharing....
- Konsta Suomalainen: Suomenlinna is nice place to visit.I have recorded...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: An interesting comparison to Ceausescu\'s regime -...