The quality and style of this photo might indicate it’s ancient, much as my good self, like from the 1960s. But no, it’s simply a scanned version of a slide (remember those?) from the very last bits of the 20th century. I’ve been playing with a new pocket-sized scanner that promises to transform old slides […]
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Underneath the river: Secret London 5 May 2016
- Lorsch Abbey 23 October 2015
- Dialogue in the Dark: blind in Hamburg 26 November 2015
- 11 things I love about Almaty 6 July 2016
- Bokor Hill Station: Whispers of the past 29 September 2016
- Luther: Mannen. Og kvinnen. 9 September 2016
- Luther, the man. And the woman. 9 September 2016
- Auschwitz-Birkenau: Reminding us of man’s madness 25 August 2016
- Verden på et øyeblikk: De tre slottene i Bellinzona 8 August 2016
- Aliya: This is an interesting post. Love the history abou...
- Nancie: Hi Sophie. Thanks for the great history lesson. It...
- Corinne: Wow! I did not know that it\'s the Reformation An...
- Ruth: What an interesting story! I would love to visit t...
- Trekking with Becky: I LOVE the history of the reformation, and I enjoy...