The quality and style of this photo might indicate it’s ancient, much as my good self, like from the 1960s. But no, it’s simply a scanned version of a slide (remember those?) from the very last bits of the 20th century. I’ve been playing with a new pocket-sized scanner that promises to transform old slides […]
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Cinque Terre, Portovenere and the Poets 22 May 2015
- I found my love in Portofino 14 May 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Toronto skyline, 1995 22 November 2015
- Rhine Valley highlights, eats and sleeps 18 November 2015
- Silent Sunday: Blue and green Latvia from above 15 November 2015
- Verden på et øyeblikk: Romerske grensefort i Tyskland #JoinGermanTradition 13 November 2015
- World at a Glance: Roman Frontiers in Germania #JoinGermanTradition 13 November 2015
- Marcia: No and Yes to your questions. Would love to live i...
- Nancie: Hi Sophie. This looks like a lovely way to spend a...
- Tanja (the Red phone box travels): Great photos! I like your header:) # travel photo ...
- Ruth - Tanama Tales: I have not seen the Rhine Valley highlights but I ...
- budget jan: I love the sound of the quirky Inn/Pub where the o...