The quality and style of this photo might indicate it’s ancient, much as my good self, like from the 1960s. But no, it’s simply a scanned version of a slide (remember those?) from the very last bits of the 20th century. I’ve been playing with a new pocket-sized scanner that promises to transform old slides […]
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Maulbronn Monastery Complex 23 September 2015
- Dialogue in the Dark: blind in Hamburg 26 November 2015
- 48 hours in Hamburg 2 March 2016
- Underneath the river: Secret London 5 May 2016
- 11 things I love about Almaty 6 July 2016
- Carlingford: colours, craic and leprechauns 29 June 2016
- World at a Glance: Le Locle, built for watchmakers 23 June 2016
- Christiansfeld: historie og honningkake 16 June 2016
- Christiansfeld: history and honey cakes 16 June 2016
- April Yap: Almaty is a good place for vacation time the last ...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Just arrived in Bishkek now. About to have a look ...
- Kathi: Nice. I didn\'t get to see too much of Almaty. I\'...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: One I\'m very keen to hear. :) Will get in touch i...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: :)...