The quality and style of this photo might indicate it’s ancient, much as my good self, like from the 1960s. But no, it’s simply a scanned version of a slide (remember those?) from the very last bits of the 20th century. I’ve been playing with a new pocket-sized scanner that promises to transform old slides […]
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Edinburgh underground 31 October 2014
- Café Gerbeaud: Sumptuous sweets and magical mood in Budapest 2 September 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Luna Park seen from Sydney Harbour, 2001 30 August 2015
- 11 most popular Instagrams in July 2015 26 August 2015
- Silent Sunday: Swedish Squirrel at Skansen in Stockholm 23 August 2015
- Norway on horseback 19 August 2015
- Vera Marie Badertscher: Love your detailed imaginary couple. When we were ...
- Lisa Goodmurphy: Love the Antwerp wall mural! I still feel bad that...
- Gilla: Beautiful choices!...
- Alina: We have orange squirrels in Ukraine too. How cute!...
- Cayce: SO CUTE....