Carthage was the work of a woman. Phoenician Queen Dido founded this African city, and it soon became a thriving, brilliant civilization.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Rural Majorca 25 April 2013
- Easter traditions in Norway 27 March 2013
- Tbilisi by Instagram 30 July 2013
- Museumsinsel (Museum Island), Berlin 14 March 2014
- World at a Glance: Lithuanian dessert 10 March 2014
- Monday Memory: A day at the lake in Beijing 3 March 2014
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Maidan Square in peaceful times 22 February 2014
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Now, that\'s a different type of dessert. We call ...
- Mette: Great story that highlights one of the true joys o...
- Muza-chan: Interesting museum......
- Leigh: Now that\'s a funny story. I love wine but that bo...
- Mike: I would absolutely give the desserts a try, Sophie...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Balkans Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany islands Italy London Middle East mountains Norway Oslo Scandinavia South Africa South Pacific Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vienna Vikings Wales world at a glance