Much can be said about cruise ships and their impact on ports in small countries, environmentally and visually. Sitting at a cafe in Devonport in 2003, all of a sudden a huge, white monster wall appeared before us, above the house tops. It was The World, then the world’s largest cruise ship, passing through the [...]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Rural Majorca 25 April 2013
- Easter traditions in Norway 27 March 2013
- Tbilisi by Instagram 30 July 2013
- World at a Glance: Lithuanian dessert 10 March 2014
- Monday Memory: A day at the lake in Beijing 3 March 2014
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Maidan Square in peaceful times 22 February 2014
- World at a Glance: Maputo fish market 21 February 2014
- Corinne: I\'m not sure this is my type of dessert, but it m...
- chantae: Wow! Yum, though would be a bit hard to digest if ...
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Everything looks so beautiful! I\'m glad you were ...
- Adam: Lovely post ;) I was born in Bratislava and I know...
- Gayla: What great travel memories! It is amazing how tim...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Balkans Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France islands Italy London Middle East mountains Norway Oceania Oslo Scandinavia South Africa South Pacific Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vienna Vikings Wales world at a glance