Much can be said about cruise ships and their impact on ports in small countries, environmentally and visually. Sitting at a cafe in Devonport in 2003, all of a sudden a huge, white monster wall appeared before us, above the house tops. It was The World, then the world’s largest cruise ship, passing through the […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Underneath the river: Secret London 5 May 2016
- Lorsch Abbey 23 October 2015
- 11 things I love about Almaty 6 July 2016
- Dialogue in the Dark: blind in Hamburg 26 November 2015
- Luther: Mannen. Og kvinnen. 9 September 2016
- Luther, the man. And the woman. 9 September 2016
- Auschwitz-Birkenau: Reminding us of man’s madness 25 August 2016
- Verden på et øyeblikk: De tre slottene i Bellinzona 8 August 2016
- World at a Glance: The Bellinzona castles 8 August 2016
- Aliya: This is an interesting post. Love the history abou...
- Nancie: Hi Sophie. Thanks for the great history lesson. It...
- Corinne: Wow! I did not know that it\'s the Reformation An...
- Ruth: What an interesting story! I would love to visit t...
- Trekking with Becky: I LOVE the history of the reformation, and I enjoy...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram Ireland islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UAE UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance