Thick layers of salt help form a rare and unusual type of selenite crystals, found nowhere else in the world but here on the Great Salt Plains in Oklahoma. You can dig for crystals between April and October.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- The Road to Vega 12 November 2013
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- Silent Sunday: Baskets for sale at the market in Inca 19 October 2014
- Høst i München betyr Oktoberfest 16 October 2014
- Autumn in Munich 16 October 2014
- Silent Sunday: Autumn in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia 12 October 2014
- Nancie (@Ladyexpat): Hi Sophie. I first traveled by train in Europe bac...
- Marlys: For me, train travel is the most civilised way to ...
- Agata: I totally share the love towards slow travel. I tr...
- Denise: I absolutely love travelling by train, and when yo...
- Gil: Jeff, I don\'\'t know where you live but, trains ...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Balkans Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Cape Town Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany India islands Italy London Middle East mountains Norway Oslo Scandinavia South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vikings Wales world at a glance