In 2002, Alex and I went to China to bring home our new daughter/sister. While waiting for all the paperwork to be finalised, we passed the time, about a week all in all, having a closer look at Beijing and surrounds. Luckily Cat was – and still is – an easy-going child. On the other […]
This is the former Portuguese colony Macau, specifically the ruins of St Paul’s. A quick boat hop from Hong Kong, Macau is well worth a look.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Underneath the river: Secret London 5 May 2016
- 11 things you’ll love about Almaty 6 July 2016
- 48 hours in Hamburg 2 March 2016
- Wandering through Speicherstadt, Hamburg’s cool warehouse district 16 December 2015
- Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan with G Adventures: a trip review 24 November 2016
- World at a Glance: Hraunfossar and Barnafoss waterfalls in Iceland 21 November 2016
- Leipzig i bilder 24 October 2016
- 24 hours in Leipzig 24 October 2016
- 11 grunner til å besøke Dresden 13 October 2016
- Jim ~ ReflectionsEnroute: Wow, what an awesome trip! I haven\'t been to any ...
- budget jan: I was very interested in this post and read it all...
- Mette: What an extraordinary trip to an - to me - unknown...
- Nancy: This is definitely in Tobago as a Trinbagonian i h...
- Ruth: Sophie, what an experience! I will jump at the opp...