In 2002, Alex and I went to China to bring home our new daughter/sister. While waiting for all the paperwork to be finalised, we passed the time, about a week all in all, having a closer look at Beijing and surrounds. Luckily Cat was – and still is – an easy-going child. On the other […]
This is the former Portuguese colony Macau, specifically the ruins of St Paul’s. A quick boat hop from Hong Kong, Macau is well worth a look.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Underneath the river: Secret London 5 May 2016
- 11 things I love about Almaty 6 July 2016
- Dialogue in the Dark: blind in Hamburg 26 November 2015
- 48 hours in Hamburg 2 March 2016
- 11 grunner til å besøke Dresden 13 October 2016
- 11 things you’ll love about Dresden 13 October 2016
- Bokor Hill Station: Whispers of the past 29 September 2016
- Luther: Mannen. Og kvinnen. 9 September 2016
- Luther, the man. And the woman. 9 September 2016
- Steven: Great description of Dresden.. i enjoy the article...
- End to End Travel Outsourcing: Great article. It was fun reading it. Thank you fo...
- Afzal Zaheer: Hi, I never knew that Dresden offers such a glo...
- KGB museum Vilnius | Sophie’s World Trave...: […] The KGB Museum Vilnius is a thought-prov...
- Nika: It is nice knowing a bit of history once in a whil...