In 2002, Alex and I went to China to bring home our new daughter/sister. While waiting for all the paperwork to be finalised, we passed the time, about a week all in all, having a closer look at Beijing and surrounds. Luckily Cat was – and still is – an easy-going child. On the other […]
This is the former Portuguese colony Macau, specifically the ruins of St Paul’s. A quick boat hop from Hong Kong, Macau is well worth a look.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Cinque Terre, Portovenere and the Poets 22 May 2015
- I found my love in Portofino 14 May 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Toronto skyline, 1995 22 November 2015
- Rhine Valley highlights, eats and sleeps 18 November 2015
- Silent Sunday: Blue and green Latvia from above 15 November 2015
- Verden på et øyeblikk: Romerske grensefort i Tyskland #JoinGermanTradition 13 November 2015
- World at a Glance: Roman Frontiers in Germania #JoinGermanTradition 13 November 2015
- Alex from tripsuit: The best thing about Berlin is that it\'s ever evo...
- Marcia: No and Yes to your questions. Would love to live i...
- Nancie: Hi Sophie. This looks like a lovely way to spend a...
- Tanja (the Red phone box travels): Great photos! I like your header:) # travel photo ...
- Ruth - Tanama Tales: I have not seen the Rhine Valley highlights but I ...