In 2002, Alex and I went to China to bring home our new daughter/sister. While waiting for all the paperwork to be finalised, we passed the time, about a week all in all, having a closer look at Beijing and surrounds. Luckily Cat was – and still is – an easy-going child. On the other […]
This is the former Portuguese colony Macau, specifically the ruins of St Paul’s. A quick boat hop from Hong Kong, Macau is well worth a look.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Aachen Cathedral and Charlemagne’s BMI 13 June 2014
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- World at a Glance: The Mesdag Panorama – walking into the painting 23 April 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Ciudad Este, Paraguay, 1997 19 April 2015
- UNESCO in Finland: Verla Groundwood and Board Mill 17 April 2015
- UNESCO in Finland: The old church at Petäjävesi 14 April 2015
- Silent Sunday: The tantalisingly turquoise Trasimeno 12 April 2015
- Gayla: These are just beautiful. Are they locally made?...
- Muza-chan: Very beautiful......
- Rahman @ Iran small Tours: I have found the UNESCO sites so varied. They are ...
- Maailmanperintö-koordinaattoriksi? | Meriharakka.net: […] World -blogista luin vähän aikaa sitte...
- Mette: I like factory town and have wanted to go to Verla...