Many years ago, a few days before New Years, I saw an ad for inexpensive tickets to Gran Canaria. On an impulse, I bought two and took my young daughter along, assuming – somewhat foolishly – I’d sort out lodgings once there. It turned out to be anything but easy. We got in a taxi and knocked on the door [...]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- A Garden with a View 31 January 2013
- Sunday scenes from down under: Auckland Harbour Bridge 23 December 2012
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Rural Majorca 25 April 2013
- Easter traditions in Norway 27 March 2013
- San Remo by Instagram (mostly) 12 December 2013
- Imizamo Yethu: Life in a township 5 December 2013
- Tbilisi to Yerevan 2 December 2013
- World at a Glance: Old Town Corfu 27 November 2013
- A spacy stay at Heathrow 22 November 2013
- Muza-chan: Beautiful......
- Natasha von Geldern: Beautiful post Sophie! When I was in South Africa ...
- budget jan: We visited San Remo several times while staying in...
- jenny@atasteoftravel: So often we have either passed by San Remo or driv...
- Maria: Love the San Remo railway station - you\'re right,...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Balkans Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Cape Town Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France islands Italy London Middle East mountains Norway Oceania Oslo Scandinavia South Africa South Pacific Spain Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vienna Vikings Wales world at a glance