I had just spent a hot August-day exploring the UNESCO-listed ancient ruins of Butrint in southern Albania. Waiting for the ferry to Corfu, I ambled about the streets of the port city Sarandë. Soon, I was accosted by a large, unruly group of local teenagers, asking for money. They were so many, I started to [...]
The Macedonian naming dispute: How Greece and Macedonia battle over the name Macedonia. And over the nationality of Alexander the Great.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- A Garden with a View 31 January 2013
- Sunday scenes from down under: Auckland Harbour Bridge 23 December 2012
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Rural Majorca 25 April 2013
- Easter traditions in Norway 27 March 2013
- San Remo by Instagram (mostly) 12 December 2013
- Imizamo Yethu: Life in a township 5 December 2013
- Tbilisi to Yerevan 2 December 2013
- World at a Glance: Old Town Corfu 27 November 2013
- A spacy stay at Heathrow 22 November 2013
- Cheryl Howard: Looks like a beautiful place. Fab Instagram photos...
- Muza-chan: Beautiful......
- Natasha von Geldern: Beautiful post Sophie! When I was in South Africa ...
- budget jan: We visited San Remo several times while staying in...
- jenny@atasteoftravel: So often we have either passed by San Remo or driv...