I’m just at the tail end of a brief visit in Sofia, one of the few European capitals I haven’t seen before (one of my fave travel reasons). Sofia – apart from having such a lovely name – has been a pleasant surprise: wide open boulevards, varied and interesting architecture, nice cafes, and just a […]
The ancient, tiny town of Menembria on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast had 40 churches. Today, the town is better known as Nessebar and is protected by UNESCO.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Edinburgh underground 31 October 2014
- Silent Retro Sunday: Luna Park seen from Sydney Harbour, 2001 30 August 2015
- 11 most popular Instagrams in July 2015 26 August 2015
- Silent Sunday: Swedish Squirrel at Skansen in Stockholm 23 August 2015
- Norway on horseback 19 August 2015
- Silent Sunday: Abandoned carts at copper mine in Drammen, Norway 16 August 2015
- Lisa Goodmurphy: Love the Antwerp wall mural! I still feel bad that...
- Gilla: Beautiful choices!...
- Alina: We have orange squirrels in Ukraine too. How cute!...
- Cayce: SO CUTE....
- Natalie: I am ashamed to admit that at the grand old age of...