I’m just at the tail end of a brief visit in Sofia, one of the few European capitals I haven’t seen before (one of my fave travel reasons). Sofia – apart from having such a lovely name – has been a pleasant surprise: wide open boulevards, varied and interesting architecture, nice cafes, and just a […]
The ancient, tiny town of Menembria on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast had 40 churches. Today, the town is better known as Nessebar and is protected by UNESCO.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Aachen Cathedral and Charlemagne’s BMI 13 June 2014
- Silent Sunday: Giraffes at the Klein Karoo in South Africa 29 March 2015
- 11 things to do in Dubai 25 March 2015
- Silent Sunday: House at hastily vacated Pyramiden in Svalbard 22 March 2015
- Mtskheta, UNESCO in Georgia 18 March 2015
- Silent Sunday: Destroyed by war, Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina 15 March 2015
- Muza-chan: Love it :)...
- Stephen Schreck: I love traveling Europe by train. Train travel is ...
- Neno: Hi Sophie, Dubai has been on my list for a long...
- Marcia: They are so stately - and awkward-looking at the s...
- Gilla: Beautiful picture of a beautiful animal....