I’m just at the tail end of a brief visit in Sofia, one of the few European capitals I haven’t seen before (one of my fave travel reasons). Sofia – apart from having such a lovely name – has been a pleasant surprise: wide open boulevards, varied and interesting architecture, nice cafes, and just a […]
The ancient, tiny town of Menembria on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast had 40 churches. Today, the town is better known as Nessebar and is protected by UNESCO.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Aachen Cathedral and Charlemagne’s BMI 13 June 2014
- Most popular Instagrams in October 2014 26 November 2014
- Silent Sunday: Pastel pots at Slipway in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania 23 November 2014
- Våre beste Instagrambilder i oktober 2014 20 November 2014
- Colours of Rajasthan, Diwali and hill forts 20 November 2014
- Silent Sunday: View of Tbilisi, Georgia 16 November 2014
- Gil: They are all so beautiful, it is hard to pick a fa...
- Leigh: What a nice lot of photos Sophie. The view from yo...
- Rob: Tbilisi! How cool is that name!! Not sure how to p...
- Rob: Loving your lodgings reviews. You find the most un...
- Rob: Excellent! I\'m headed to New Orleans after Christ...