I’m just at the tail end of a brief visit in Sofia, one of the few European capitals I haven’t seen before (one of my fave travel reasons). Sofia – apart from having such a lovely name – has been a pleasant surprise: wide open boulevards, varied and interesting architecture, nice cafes, and just a […]
The ancient, tiny town of Menembria on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast had 40 churches. Today, the town is better known as Nessebar and is protected by UNESCO.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Cinque Terre, Portovenere and the Poets 22 May 2015
- 11 things to do in Dubai 25 March 2015
- Silent Sunday: The rugged and beautiful beach at Batsheba in Barbados 31 January 2016
- Wintry Vilnius by Instagram 27 January 2016
- Silent Retro Sunday: Smiling girls at the market in Banjul, The Gambia 24 January 2016
- What makes us human? Thoughts on prehistoric cave art. 20 January 2016
- Silent Sunday: Vadstena Castle, Sweden 17 January 2016
- Linda March: I bet. :D How that you\'ve only spend 24 hours ...
- Ann-Mari: Spennende på mange vis - og fint å få vite om a...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Can cover a lot in 24 hours in such a compact city...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Hm... more sweet than sour, I suppose: Beets, yogu...
- Jess: Stunning photograph! The rock formations look quit...