I’m just at the tail end of a brief visit in Sofia, one of the few European capitals I haven’t seen before (one of my fave travel reasons). Sofia – apart from having such a lovely name – has been a pleasant surprise: wide open boulevards, varied and interesting architecture, nice cafes, and just a […]
The ancient, tiny town of Menembria on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast had 40 churches. Today, the town is better known as Nessebar and is protected by UNESCO.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Cinque Terre, Portovenere and the Poets 22 May 2015
- I found my love in Portofino 14 May 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Toronto skyline, 1995 22 November 2015
- Rhine Valley highlights, eats and sleeps 18 November 2015
- Silent Sunday: Blue and green Latvia from above 15 November 2015
- Verden på et øyeblikk: Romerske grensefort i Tyskland #JoinGermanTradition 13 November 2015
- World at a Glance: Roman Frontiers in Germania #JoinGermanTradition 13 November 2015
- Marcia: No and Yes to your questions. Would love to live i...
- Nancie: Hi Sophie. This looks like a lovely way to spend a...
- Tanja (the Red phone box travels): Great photos! I like your header:) # travel photo ...
- Ruth - Tanama Tales: I have not seen the Rhine Valley highlights but I ...
- budget jan: I love the sound of the quirky Inn/Pub where the o...