I’m just at the tail end of a brief visit in Sofia, one of the few European capitals I haven’t seen before (one of my fave travel reasons). Sofia – apart from having such a lovely name – has been a pleasant surprise: wide open boulevards, varied and interesting architecture, nice cafes, and just a […]
The ancient, tiny town of Menembria on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast had 40 churches. Today, the town is better known as Nessebar and is protected by UNESCO.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Silent Sunday: Omani goat roaming the streets in the noonday sun 2 August 2015
- A glimpse of Brunei 29 July 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Christopher Columbus Park, Discovery Bay in Jamaica, 1996 26 July 2015
- Day out Copenhagen: Medieval Lund 22 July 2015
- Silent Sunday: Flowers along the shores of Lake Geneva 19 July 2015
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: It\'s an interesting series. I read somewhere that...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Thank you :)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Thanks, Gilla. So many beautiful spots in Scandina...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: They do have quite a different feel, don\'t they.....
- Sand In My Suitcase: Years ago, we touched down in Brunei for just a fe...