I’m just at the tail end of a brief visit in Sofia, one of the few European capitals I haven’t seen before (one of my fave travel reasons). Sofia – apart from having such a lovely name – has been a pleasant surprise: wide open boulevards, varied and interesting architecture, nice cafes, and just a […]
The ancient, tiny town of Menembria on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast had 40 churches. Today, the town is better known as Nessebar and is protected by UNESCO.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Giant’s Causeway 30 June 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Gritty street scene, Curepipe Mauritius, 1995 28 June 2015
- World at a Glance: The Bone Church at Sedlec 25 June 2015
- Silent Sunday: The Giant Buddha in Nha Trang, Vietnam 21 June 2015
- Chasing ghosts in New Orleans 18 June 2015
- Leigh: Love the sad story of Julie. Very well written pos...
- Mark stiles: My wife and I absolutely loved portovenere and the...
- South Africa Places of Interest | mohamma91: […] you liked this article as well as you wa...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: The Balkans is definitely an interesting and histo...
- Julio: Enjoyed your post very much. That part of the worl...