I’m just at the tail end of a brief visit in Sofia, one of the few European capitals I haven’t seen before (one of my fave travel reasons). Sofia – apart from having such a lovely name – has been a pleasant surprise: wide open boulevards, varied and interesting architecture, nice cafes, and just a [...]
The ancient, tiny town of Menembria on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast had 40 churches. Today, the town is better known as Nessebar and is protected by UNESCO.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- The Road to Vega 12 November 2013
- Silent Sunday: Baskets for sale at the market in Inca 19 October 2014
- Høst i München betyr Oktoberfest 16 October 2014
- Autumn in Munich 16 October 2014
- Silent Sunday: Autumn in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia 12 October 2014
- World at a Glance: While we’re waiting for Nobel… 8 October 2014
- Milena Yordanova: The palace looks enormous. I guess that the view i...
- Gil: Absolutely beautiful! The colors are amazing and ...
- Dan: I find the stein safes very quirky and expensive...
- Maria Falvey: All those colors make a very festive mood. I\'d l...
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Fun post! It\'s interesting how some traditions ar...