The Macedonian naming dispute: How Greece and Macedonia battle over the name Macedonia. And over the nationality of Alexander the Great.
A year ago (April 2008) I travelled to then 2-month-old Kosovo to get a first impression of the fledgling nation. The future seems hopeful.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – the real Narnia 7 June 2012
- Pets, pools and pennies at the Hemingway House, Key West 14 March 2012
- Canada Road Trip: Vancouver to Calgary, the Scenic Route 21 June 2012
- Atlantic Canada: Lively Lunenburg 30 May 2012
- Cape Byron Lighthouse 19 July 2012
- Exploring the Caucasus 19 June 2013
- World at a Glance: Hole in the Rock 14 June 2013
- Valley of the Kings 10 June 2013
- Ranxo ses Roques: horse riding in Majorca (I loved it!) 6 June 2013
- Republika Srpska: Pretty Trebinje 3 June 2013
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Yes, Tonga does have similar nature, with the blow...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: That\'s a beautiful sentiment, Stuart. Slow-travel...
- Stuart: Having recently moved to \'Gabs\' on a 6 month ass...
- Dan: I haven\'t made it but Jade has. We saw something ...
- stacey Rider: Hi Caterina, Now I know those aren\'t official rid...