The Macedonian naming dispute: How Greece and Macedonia battle over the name Macedonia. And over the nationality of Alexander the Great.
A year ago (April 2008) I travelled to then 2-month-old Kosovo to get a first impression of the fledgling nation. The future seems hopeful.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Aachen Cathedral and Charlemagne’s BMI 13 June 2014
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- 11 most popular Instagrams in April 2015 27 May 2015
- Silent Sunday: View of Dinas Head, Pembrokeshire, Wales 24 May 2015
- Cinque Terre, Portovenere and the Poets 22 May 2015
- #Emiratesairline Business Class Review 19 May 2015
- Silent Sunday: World War 2 hero and his bicycle in Oslo 17 May 2015
- Gayla: Fabulous post! I hope we get to visit Portovenere...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Yes, I think the sculptor captured him very well....
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Oslo is lovely this time of year....
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I love this sculpture; walk past it every day :)...
- TOP 83 European bloggers you should follow in 2015! - Heart of a Vagabond: […] the USA and have visited well over 100 o...