The Macedonian naming dispute: How Greece and Macedonia battle over the name Macedonia. And over the nationality of Alexander the Great.
A year ago (April 2008) I travelled to then 2-month-old Kosovo to get a first impression of the fledgling nation. The future seems hopeful.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Cinque Terre, Portovenere and the Poets 22 May 2015
- I found my love in Portofino 14 May 2015
- Chasing ghosts in New Orleans 18 June 2015
- Maulbronn Monastery Complex 23 September 2015
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- A Day Like Any Other Day 19 April 2016
- Silent Sunday: A farcical photo of a fruity folly 10 April 2016
- Silent Sunday: Covered Border Bridge across the Rhine 3 April 2016
- Day out Sofia: Rila Monastery 30 March 2016
- Luminita: Religion and history are so strong connecte din Bu...
- Mette: What a fabulous trip that must have been. It seems...
- Turkey\'s For Life: Oh, we love a good road trip. The terrain around t...
- Rachel Heller: Some day I\'d like to do the same route more or le...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Thanks for all the additional tips on things to se...