The Macedonian naming dispute: How Greece and Macedonia battle over the name Macedonia. And over the nationality of Alexander the Great.
A year ago (April 2008) I travelled to then 2-month-old Kosovo to get a first impression of the fledgling nation. The future seems hopeful.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Cinque Terre, Portovenere and the Poets 22 May 2015
- 11 things to do in Dubai 25 March 2015
- Dialog im Dunkeln: en time som blind 26 November 2015
- Dialogue in the Dark: blind in Hamburg – #UnescoHamburg 26 November 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Toronto skyline, 1995 22 November 2015
- Rhine Valley highlights, eats and sleeps 18 November 2015
- Silent Sunday: Blue and green Latvia from above 15 November 2015
- Nancie: Hi Sophie. That would have been an eye opener (no ...
- Valen-This Way To Paradise: Wow! What an experience. I\'ve also wanted to try ...
- Alex from tripsuit: The best thing about Berlin is that it\'s ever evo...
- Marcia: No and Yes to your questions. Would love to live i...
- Nancie: Hi Sophie. This looks like a lovely way to spend a...