Are you old enough to remember the Balkan wars of the 1990s? The feeling of horror that such a thing could happen in Europe yet again, less than 50 years after the last war on the continent? Seems we never learn. As a result of the Dayton Accords of 1995, war-town Bosnia & Herzegovina was [...]
Posted on 13 January 2009 by Anne-Sophie Redisch in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Egypt, England, hotels & lodgings, Latvia, Lists, Macedonia, Nova Scotia, Republika Srpska, Transdniestr, Travel with children, Wales
We stayed in plenty of hotels in 2008, some good, some not so good, some blah. Here are my fave hotels of 2008 – in no particular order.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Exploring Suomenlinna 17 September 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- Dublin after dark – mobile theatre 9 October 2013
- Søndagsbildet: Sankt Andreaskirken i Kiev 31 August 2014
- Silent Sunday: Domes of the magnificent St Andrew’s Church in Kiev, Ukraine 31 August 2014
- World at a Glance: Humayun’s Tomb 27 August 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Trolske Asdøljuvet 24 August 2014
- Silent Sunday: Enchanting Asdøljuvet Canyon 24 August 2014
- Muza-chan: Beautiful architecture :)...
- Gil: Beautiful!...
- Betty J. Ogburn: ...It\'s all so ornate!!...I feel as though the ar...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: He was an interesting character....
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Nothing like a bit of back story to appreciate a p...