Are you old enough to remember the Balkan wars of the 1990s? The feeling of horror that such a thing could happen in Europe yet again, less than 50 years after the last war on the continent? Seems we never learn. As a result of the Dayton Accords of 1995, war-town Bosnia & Herzegovina was [...]
Posted on 13 January 2009 by Anne-Sophie Redisch in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Egypt, England, hotels & lodgings, Latvia, Lists, Macedonia, Nova Scotia, Republika Srpska, Transdniestr, Travel with children, Wales
We stayed in plenty of hotels in 2008, some good, some not so good, some blah. Here are my fave hotels of 2008 – in no particular order.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Rural Majorca 25 April 2013
- Tbilisi by Instagram 30 July 2013
- Pictou, birthplace of Nova Scotia 22 May 2013
- Neum: where Bosnia and Herzegovina touches the sea 14 April 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- The Saint: a funky sleep in New Orleans 7 April 2014
- Svartisen Arctic Glacier 3 April 2014
- Monday Memory: Butrint 31 March 2014
- Muza-chan: Beautiful place......
- Corinne: We were just there last week. It\'s not much coas...
- Lisa Goodmurphy: Beautiful photos, Sophie - especially the people! ...
- Mette: Seeing your photos I have just discovered a strong...
- Steve: dangit i didn\'t make it that far south when i was...