Are you old enough to remember the Balkan wars of the 1990s? The feeling of horror that such a thing could happen in Europe yet again, less than 50 years after the last war on the continent? Seems we never learn. As a result of the Dayton Accords of 1995, war-town Bosnia & Herzegovina was [...]
Posted on 13 January 2009 by Anne-Sophie Redisch in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Egypt, England, hotels & lodgings, Latvia, Lists, Macedonia, Nova Scotia, Republika Srpska, Transdniestr, Travel with children, Wales
We stayed in plenty of hotels in 2008, some good, some not so good, some blah. Here are my fave hotels of 2008 – in no particular order.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- Dublin after dark – mobile theatre 9 October 2013
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Den praktfulle Berlinerdomen 21 September 2014
- Silent Sunday: The magnificent Berlinerdom (Berlin Cathedral) 21 September 2014
- World at a Glance: Freddie Mercury in Montreux 17 September 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Afrikanske pingviner i vannrørene i Simon’s Town 14 September 2014
- Silent Sunday: African penguins in the water pipes at Simon’s Town 14 September 2014
- UK Stereotypes: Expectations and Reality - Indefinite Adventure: […] in the Cotswolds too. If I had to choose...
- Abi: Wonderfully written. And, yes, it\'s all so crushi...
- Muza-chan: Beautiful......
- Betty J. Ogburn: ...You said it in the title--MAGNIFICENT!!......
- Lisa Goodmurphy: I had no idea that there was a connection between ...