Are you old enough to remember the Balkan wars of the 1990s? The feeling of horror that such a thing could happen in Europe yet again, less than 50 years after the last war on the continent? Seems we never learn. As a result of the Dayton Accords of 1995, war-town Bosnia & Herzegovina was [...]
Posted on 13 January 2009 by Anne-Sophie Redisch in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Egypt, England, hotels & lodgings, Latvia, Lists, Macedonia, Nova Scotia, Republika Srpska, Transdniestr, Travel with children, Wales
We stayed in plenty of hotels in 2008, some good, some not so good, some blah. Here are my fave hotels of 2008 – in no particular order.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- A Garden with a View 31 January 2013
- Sunday scenes from down under: Auckland Harbour Bridge 23 December 2012
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Rural Majorca 25 April 2013
- Easter traditions in Norway 27 March 2013
- Imizamo Yethu: Life in a township 5 December 2013
- Tbilisi to Yerevan 2 December 2013
- World at a Glance: Old Town Corfu 27 November 2013
- A spacy stay at Heathrow 22 November 2013
- Friday photo: Texas mirrors 15 November 2013
- Gil: Got carried away and forgot the important stuff. ...
- Gil: I think that the bad reservations are in the Ameri...
- Mellisa Turner: Beautiful picture of sunset ! I like your idea of ...
- Mette: Great to read about these places under my radar. W...
- Jeff: I am hungry now. Those doughs seems absolutely swe...