The peculiar little non-existing country Transdniestr is a different world; a memorial to the Soviet era, a living museum of times gone by.
Posted on 13 January 2009 by Anne-Sophie Redisch in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Egypt, England, hotels & lodgings, Latvia, Lists, Macedonia, Nova Scotia, Republika Srpska, Transdniestr, Travel with children, Wales
We stayed in plenty of hotels in 2008, some good, some not so good, some blah. Here are my fave hotels of 2008 – in no particular order.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Rural Majorca 25 April 2013
- Easter traditions in Norway 27 March 2013
- Tbilisi by Instagram 30 July 2013
- Monday Memory: A day at the lake in Beijing 3 March 2014
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Maidan Square in peaceful times 22 February 2014
- World at a Glance: Maputo fish market 21 February 2014
- Monday memory: Auckland’s Sky Tower and therapy 17 February 2014
- Madagascar vacations: I\'ve never heard about Caucasus until today! sham...
- Madagascar vacations: Beinjing holds so much historical and cultural her...
- Muza-chan: Very beautiful pavilion......
- Michael Lynch: It may have been stifling hot but, what wonderful ...
- Natasha von Geldern: What a lovely memory of an important time in the l...