The peculiar little non-existing country Transdniestr is a different world; a memorial to the Soviet era, a living museum of times gone by.
Posted on 13 January 2009 by Anne-Sophie Redisch in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Egypt, England, hotels & lodgings, Latvia, Lists, Macedonia, Nova Scotia, Republika Srpska, Transdniestr, Travel with children, UNESCO World Heritage, Wales
We stayed in plenty of hotels in 2008, some good, some not so good, some blah. Here are my fave hotels of 2008 – in no particular order.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – the real Narnia 7 June 2012
- Pets, pools and pennies at the Hemingway House, Key West 14 March 2012
- Atlantic Canada: Lively Lunenburg 30 May 2012
- Canada Road Trip: Vancouver to Calgary, the Scenic Route 21 June 2012
- Cape Byron Lighthouse 19 July 2012
- The innovative architecture of Rotterdam 18 May 2013
- World at a Glance: Green bikes – and scooters – in Amsterdam 17 May 2013
- Viva Bahia, a fabulous Majorca family hotel 15 May 2013
- Greece: A guide for history buffs 12 May 2013
- Norfolk Coast Path: horizons 10 May 2013
- Karen Dawkins: I would not want to take my kids -- but please don...
- Travel Musts: What amazing colors in those pictures! I wish I co...
- Ursula: Oh my God that pool surrounded with those balinese...
- Edit: Actually those roller are technically green, their...
- Steve: The scooters look like a great way to get around (...