I may have told you before about my love affair with Alexander McCall Smith, or more specifically, his characters. The wise lady detective in Gaborone, the inimitable Edinburgh philosopher Isabel Dalhousie, the pompous Professor Dr Moritz-Maria von Igelfeld, the wonderfully quirky characters in 44 Scotland Street – I want to know them all. Just think of the dinner party discussions…
Driving along the coast, we spotted a sign for Kyle of Lochalsh, landing stage for the short ferry ride to the Isle of Skye.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- A Garden with a View 31 January 2013
- Sunday scenes from down under: Auckland Harbour Bridge 23 December 2012
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Rural Majorca 25 April 2013
- Easter traditions in Norway 27 March 2013
- Imizamo Yethu: Life in a township 5 December 2013
- Tbilisi to Yerevan 2 December 2013
- World at a Glance: Old Town Corfu 27 November 2013
- A spacy stay at Heathrow 22 November 2013
- Friday photo: Texas mirrors 15 November 2013
- Leigh: Hard to believe a man of such stature is gone. I\'...
- Dana Carmel @ Time Travel Plans: What a beautiful Mandela quote - the definition of...
- Marcia: Beautiful tribute, Sophie. Like you, I also have h...
- Adam: Jealous that you stayed here! I didn\'t think abou...
- Maria: Lovely tribute Sophie - this is one that will rema...