Here, better late than never, is our monthly Instagram feature. As usual, I’ve linked to the photo on Instagram in the numbers. No less than five World Heritage sites are included this month, so let’s get on with it. Here are the 11 most popular ‘grams on Sophie’s World in May 2015. 11. This snapshot is from the Sunday […]
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Edinburgh underground 31 October 2014
- Silent Retro Sunday: Luna Park seen from Sydney Harbour, 2001 30 August 2015
- 11 most popular Instagrams in July 2015 26 August 2015
- Silent Sunday: Swedish Squirrel at Skansen in Stockholm 23 August 2015
- Norway on horseback 19 August 2015
- Silent Sunday: Abandoned carts at copper mine in Drammen, Norway 16 August 2015
- Lisa Goodmurphy: Love the Antwerp wall mural! I still feel bad that...
- Gilla: Beautiful choices!...
- Alina: We have orange squirrels in Ukraine too. How cute!...
- Cayce: SO CUTE....
- Natalie: I am ashamed to admit that at the grand old age of...