Here, better late than never, is our monthly Instagram feature. As usual, I’ve linked to the photo on Instagram in the numbers. No less than five World Heritage sites are included this month, so let’s get on with it. Here are the 11 most popular ‘grams on Sophie’s World in May 2015. 11. This snapshot is from the Sunday […]
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- A glimpse of Brunei 29 July 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Christopher Columbus Park, Discovery Bay in Jamaica, 1996 26 July 2015
- Day out Copenhagen: Medieval Lund 22 July 2015
- Silent Sunday: Flowers along the shores of Lake Geneva 19 July 2015
- One day in Saigon – a snapshot 15 July 2015
- Turkey\'s For Life: Wow, what an amazing-looking place and yeah, I\'m ...
- Agata: Fascinating story and your comparison between Norw...
- Gilla: Thanks once again for educating me. Photos are bea...
- Leigh: That\'s a pretty wild place to visit. What a contr...
- Ana O: I haven\'t been to Brunei but I\'ve heard about th...