Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Exploring Suomenlinna 17 September 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- Dublin after dark – mobile theatre 9 October 2013
- Søndagsbildet: Sankt Andreaskirken i Kiev 31 August 2014
- Silent Sunday: Domes of the magnificent St Andrew’s Church in Kiev, Ukraine 31 August 2014
- World at a Glance: Humayun’s Tomb 27 August 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Trolske Asdøljuvet 24 August 2014
- Silent Sunday: Enchanting Asdøljuvet Canyon 24 August 2014
- Betty J. Ogburn: ...It\'s all so ornate!!...I feel as though the ar...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: He was an interesting character....
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Nothing like a bit of back story to appreciate a p...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: :)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Thank you for stopping by, Gil. :)...