Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Chasing ghosts in New Orleans 18 June 2015
- Maulbronn Monastery Complex 23 September 2015
- Dialogue in the Dark: blind in Hamburg – #UnescoHamburg 26 November 2015
- One day in Saigon – a snapshot 15 July 2015
- Oak Alley, a classic Southern Antebellum Plantation 27 May 2016
- Sophie tries new things: Thai massage in Bangkok – #AmazingThainess 18 May 2016
- Silent Retro Sunday: The colonial Hotel Polana in Maputo, Mozambique 15 May 2016
- Day Out Bangkok: Royal Ayutthaya 11 May 2016
- Silent Sunday: Trondheim Norway just before midnight in summer 8 May 2016
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Lol! Can you imagine a wolf mask, say... Spooky. A...
- budget jan: Oh yes, I know what you mean. I am relieved, I was...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: We did undress, and then put on the loose clothes ...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I think I like them all. :)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I did! Luckily :)...