Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – the real Narnia 7 June 2012
- Pets, pools and pennies at the Hemingway House, Key West 14 March 2012
- Canada Road Trip: Vancouver to Calgary, the Scenic Route 21 June 2012
- Atlantic Canada: Lively Lunenburg 30 May 2012
- Cape Byron Lighthouse 19 July 2012
- Exploring the Caucasus 19 June 2013
- World at a Glance: Hole in the Rock 14 June 2013
- Valley of the Kings 10 June 2013
- Ranxo ses Roques: horse riding in Majorca (I loved it!) 6 June 2013
- Republika Srpska: Pretty Trebinje 3 June 2013
- Marlys: Sounds like a right adventure - no trusty ol\' Mac...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Yes, Tonga does have similar nature, with the blow...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: That\'s a beautiful sentiment, Stuart. Slow-travel...
- Stuart: Having recently moved to \'Gabs\' on a 6 month ass...
- Dan: I haven\'t made it but Jade has. We saw something ...