Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Cinque Terre, Portovenere and the Poets 22 May 2015
- 11 things to do in Dubai 25 March 2015
- Silent Sunday: The luxurious Burj al-Arab hotel in Dubai 7 February 2016
- Silent Sunday: The rugged and beautiful beach at Batsheba in Barbados 31 January 2016
- Wintry Vilnius by Instagram 27 January 2016
- Silent Retro Sunday: Smiling girls at the market in Banjul, The Gambia 24 January 2016
- What makes us human? Thoughts on prehistoric cave art. 20 January 2016
- Linda March: I bet. :D How that you\'ve only spend 24 hours ...
- Ann-Mari: Spennende på mange vis - og fint å få vite om a...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Can cover a lot in 24 hours in such a compact city...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Hm... more sweet than sour, I suppose: Beets, yogu...
- Jess: Stunning photograph! The rock formations look quit...