Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Rural Majorca 25 April 2013
- Tbilisi by Instagram 30 July 2013
- Pictou, birthplace of Nova Scotia 22 May 2013
- Sunday snapshot: Nevskij prospekt, Leningrad, 1984 20 April 2014
- Neum: where Bosnia and Herzegovina touches the sea 14 April 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- The Saint: a funky sleep in New Orleans 7 April 2014
- Svartisen Arctic Glacier 3 April 2014
- Mette: Thanks for the tip. Though small it looks absolute...
- Muza-chan: Beautiful place......
- Corinne: We were just there last week. It\'s not much coas...
- Lisa Goodmurphy: Beautiful photos, Sophie - especially the people! ...
- Mette: Seeing your photos I have just discovered a strong...