Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Exploring Suomenlinna 17 September 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- Dublin after dark – mobile theatre 9 October 2013
- World at a Glance: Humayun’s Tomb 27 August 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Trolske Asdøljuvet 24 August 2014
- Silent Sunday: Enchanting Asdøljuvet Canyon 24 August 2014
- Laura Plantation – Portrait of a Creole family 20 August 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Fyrtårn i Summerside, Prince Edward Island 17 August 2014
- Laura Locoul Gore: Dear Sophie,I am so glad you enjoyed your visi...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Yes, I walked through the stream; fresh, cold wate...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Thanks for stopping by, Lili....
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: :)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I do too. Luckily, I live very near :)...