Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Aachen Cathedral and Charlemagne’s BMI 13 June 2014
- Silent Sunday: Pastel pots at Slipway in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania 23 November 2014
- Våre beste Instagrambilder i oktober 2014 20 November 2014
- Colours of Rajasthan, Diwali and hill forts 20 November 2014
- Silent Sunday: View of Tbilisi, Georgia 16 November 2014
- World at a Glance: Great Zimbabwe 12 November 2014
- Mette: We were in Rajasthan and Jaipur five years ago, an...
- Hans: Interesting set of ruins ... nice departure from t...
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: That\'s a neat idea to ask a taxi driver about som...
- Dave Briggs: Great to read your article. I am also considering ...
- Penny: What\'s that horseshoe thing just to the east of t...