Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Rural Majorca 25 April 2013
- Easter traditions in Norway 27 March 2013
- Tbilisi by Instagram 30 July 2013
- World at a Glance: Lithuanian dessert 10 March 2014
- Monday Memory: A day at the lake in Beijing 3 March 2014
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Maidan Square in peaceful times 22 February 2014
- World at a Glance: Maputo fish market 21 February 2014
- Corinne: I\'m not sure this is my type of dessert, but it m...
- chantae: Wow! Yum, though would be a bit hard to digest if ...
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Everything looks so beautiful! I\'m glad you were ...
- Adam: Lovely post ;) I was born in Bratislava and I know...
- Gayla: What great travel memories! It is amazing how tim...