Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Edinburgh underground 31 October 2014
- Silent Sunday: Elevador da Glória, a Lisbon funicular 4 October 2015
- Insider Guide to Marrakech 30 September 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Biking by the Bay, Dominica 1995 27 September 2015
- Klosteret i Maulbronn 23 September 2015
- Maulbronn Monastery Complex 23 September 2015
- budget jan: Lisbon is such a lovely city, quite unique I think...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I didn\'t know either - Domodossola, I mean. And I...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: It is :)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I\'m not sure either. The labour must have been ha...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: It\'s perhaps not so famous outside of Germany, un...