Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Exploring Suomenlinna 17 September 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- Dublin after dark – mobile theatre 9 October 2013
- Old Rauma and Sammallahdenmäki, UNESCO in Finland 31 July 2014
- Ukens foto: Jenter tørker fisk, Diouloulouelven i Casamance, Senegal 27 July 2014
- Silent Retro Sunday: Girls drying fish – Diouloulou River in Casamance, Senegal 27 July 2014
- Scener fra Warszawa 23 July 2014
- Warsaw scenes 23 July 2014
- kami: these people sculptures are kind of creepy! I wish...
- Maria Falvey: Beautiful town and countryside - love the colors a...
- Mette: We visited western Poland once and found it rather...
- Soraya: Stunning pictures of this beautiful city! I\'ve be...
- Mette: I\'ve never heard of Swiss wine before, but walkin...