Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- The Road to Vega 12 November 2013
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- Silent Sunday: Baskets for sale at the market in Inca 19 October 2014
- Høst i München betyr Oktoberfest 16 October 2014
- Autumn in Munich 16 October 2014
- Silent Sunday: Autumn in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia 12 October 2014
- Sand In My Suitcase: Overnight train travel these days is definitely a ...
- Nancie (@Ladyexpat): Hi Sophie. I first traveled by train in Europe bac...
- Marlys: For me, train travel is the most civilised way to ...
- Agata: I totally share the love towards slow travel. I tr...
- Denise: I absolutely love travelling by train, and when yo...