Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Aachen Cathedral and Charlemagne’s BMI 13 June 2014
- Silent Sunday: The verdant landscape of the Coromandel coast 21 December 2014
- Most popular Instagrams in November 2014 18 December 2014
- Silent Sunday: Little boats on the beach, Alghero in Sardinia 14 December 2014
- Silent Sunday: The verdant landscape of the Coromandel 14 December 2014
- The magic of Zanzibar’s Stone Town 11 December 2014
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Lovely photos! I love the one of the bridge and th...
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Amazing photos!! Very interesting to see a bit of ...
- Gil: Beautiful!...
- Gil: Beautiful pictures have opened up using Explorer. ...
- Rana Singh: Great place will visit someday. Also amazing arti...