Wandering about in tiny San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, I stumbled upon this boy with the troubled face – a monument to victims of the school siege in Beslan in 2004.
San Marino, the world’s oldest republic, has been a sovereign state since 301. The ancient capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- The Road to Vega 12 November 2013
- Silent Sunday: Baskets for sale at the market in Inca 19 October 2014
- Høst i München betyr Oktoberfest 16 October 2014
- Autumn in Munich 16 October 2014
- Silent Sunday: Autumn in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia 12 October 2014
- World at a Glance: While we’re waiting for Nobel… 8 October 2014
- Lisa Goodmurphy: It sounds like autumn is the perfect time to visit...
- Milena Yordanova: The palace looks enormous. I guess that the view i...
- Gil: Absolutely beautiful! The colors are amazing and ...
- Dan: I find the stein safes very quirky and expensive...
- Maria Falvey: All those colors make a very festive mood. I\'d l...