This skyline – shimmering in the afternoon heat – is in Doha, capital of tiny Qatar on the Arabian Peninsula, the world’s richest country.
Posted on 5 January 2010 by Anne-Sophie Redisch in Africa, Asia, Atlantic, Bahrain, Channel Islands, Corsica, Denmark, England, Europe, Finland, France, Hungary, Italy, Kuwait, Lists, Middle East, Norway, Oman, Qatar, Sardinia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Travel with children, Travel writing, UAE
Travels of 2009, including Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Denmark, Sweden, London, Paris, Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey and Herm), Sardinia, Corsica
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Exploring Suomenlinna 17 September 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- Dublin after dark – mobile theatre 9 October 2013
- Søndagsbildet: Sankt Andreaskirken i Kiev 31 August 2014
- Silent Sunday: Domes of the magnificent St Andrew’s Church in Kiev, Ukraine 31 August 2014
- World at a Glance: Humayun’s Tomb 27 August 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Trolske Asdøljuvet 24 August 2014
- Silent Sunday: Enchanting Asdøljuvet Canyon 24 August 2014
- Betty J. Ogburn: ...It\'s all so ornate!!...I feel as though the ar...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: He was an interesting character....
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Nothing like a bit of back story to appreciate a p...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: :)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Thank you for stopping by, Gil. :)...