This skyline – shimmering in the afternoon heat – is in Doha, capital of tiny Qatar on the Arabian Peninsula, the world’s richest country.
Posted on 5 January 2010 by Anne-Sophie Redisch in Africa, Asia, Atlantic, Bahrain, Channel Islands, Corsica, Denmark, England, Europe, Finland, France, Hungary, Italy, Kuwait, Lists, Middle East, Norway, Oman, Qatar, Sardinia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Travel with children, Travel writing, UAE, UNESCO World Heritage
Travels of 2009, including Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Denmark, Sweden, London, Paris, Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey and Herm), Sardinia, Corsica
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – the real Narnia 7 June 2012
- Pets, pools and pennies at the Hemingway House, Key West 14 March 2012
- Atlantic Canada: Lively Lunenburg 30 May 2012
- Canada Road Trip: Vancouver to Calgary, the Scenic Route 21 June 2012
- Cape Byron Lighthouse 19 July 2012
- The innovative architecture of Rotterdam 18 May 2013
- World at a Glance: Green bikes – and scooters – in Amsterdam 17 May 2013
- Viva Bahia, a fabulous Majorca family hotel 15 May 2013
- Greece: A guide for history buffs 12 May 2013
- Norfolk Coast Path: horizons 10 May 2013
- Travel Musts: What amazing colors in those pictures! I wish I co...
- Ursula: Oh my God that pool surrounded with those balinese...
- Edit: Actually those roller are technically green, their...
- Steve: The scooters look like a great way to get around (...
- bonooobong: I guess those scooters have been green technically...