This skyline – shimmering in the afternoon heat – is in Doha, capital of tiny Qatar on the Arabian Peninsula, the world’s richest country.
Posted on 5 January 2010 by Anne-Sophie Redisch in Africa, Asia, Atlantic, Bahrain, Channel Islands, Corsica, Denmark, England, Europe, Finland, France, Hungary, Italy, Kuwait, Lists, Middle East, Norway, Oman, Qatar, Sardinia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Travel with children, Travel writing, UAE
Travels of 2009, including Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Denmark, Sweden, London, Paris, Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey and Herm), Sardinia, Corsica
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Exploring Suomenlinna 17 September 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- Dublin after dark – mobile theatre 9 October 2013
- Laura Plantation – Portrait of a Creole family 20 August 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Fyrtårn i Summerside, Prince Edward Island 17 August 2014
- Silent Sunday: Lighthouse at Summerside, PEI 17 August 2014
- Verdensarven nord i Sverige 13 August 2014
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Adrienne @ AdrienneAway: Your pictures are great! Would never have imagined...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: No, not at all. I had heard the same, especially a...
- Abi: What an interesting snippet of history. Thank you!...
- Leigh: Looks absolutely fantastic. Would love to follow i...
- Turkey\'s For Life: Wow, you do keep managing to tick off these UNESCO...