Oasis – it’s such a wonderful word, isn’t it? Like haven, or sanctuary. The proper definition, the Oxford Dictionary tells me, is a fertile spot in a desert, where water is found. And that is just what Al Ain is. An oasis. A garden at the edge of the fabled Empty Quarter, inhabited for more […]
Abu Dhabi holds a whopping 9 % of the world’s oil reserves, is the richest city on earth, safe, green, clean and, dare I say it, a wee bit…
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Chasing ghosts in New Orleans 18 June 2015
- Maulbronn Monastery Complex 23 September 2015
- Dialogue in the Dark: blind in Hamburg – #UnescoHamburg 26 November 2015
- One day in Saigon – a snapshot 15 July 2015
- Oak Alley, a classic Southern Antebellum Plantation 27 May 2016
- Sophie tries new things: Thai massage in Bangkok – #AmazingThainess 18 May 2016
- Silent Retro Sunday: The colonial Hotel Polana in Maputo, Mozambique 15 May 2016
- Day Out Bangkok: Royal Ayutthaya 11 May 2016
- Silent Sunday: Trondheim Norway just before midnight in summer 8 May 2016
- Nancie: Hi Sophie. I\'m glad that you enjoyed your experie...
- budget jan: I bet you felt wonderful afterward. I might be a l...
- Indrani: Indian Ayurveda massages are equally good. I have...
- Sanna Rosell: What an #amazing story about our thai massage expe...
- Linda March: Seems like you catch a quiet day, almost no touris...