Oasis – it’s such a wonderful word, isn’t it? Like haven, or sanctuary. The proper definition, the Oxford Dictionary tells me, is a fertile spot in a desert, where water is found. And that is just what Al Ain is. An oasis. A garden at the edge of the fabled Empty Quarter, inhabited for more […]
Abu Dhabi holds a whopping 9 % of the world’s oil reserves, is the richest city on earth, safe, green, clean and, dare I say it, a wee bit…
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Maulbronn Monastery Complex 23 September 2015
- Dialogue in the Dark: blind in Hamburg 26 November 2015
- Underneath the river: Secret London 5 May 2016
- Lorsch Abbey 23 October 2015
- Carlingford: colours, craic and leprechauns 29 June 2016
- World at a Glance: Le Locle, built for watchmakers 23 June 2016
- Christiansfeld: historie og honningkake 16 June 2016
- Christiansfeld: history and honey cakes 16 June 2016
- Chanthaburi og bærekraftig turisme i Thailand 8 June 2016
- Marcia: Surprised that these well known watches are made i...
- Jeff: Love your short stories!! And thank you for the in...
- Nancie: What a fascinating little town. Love the history, ...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Takk for hyggelige ord :)...
- Torben Linnemann: Når jeg falder over sådan en dejlig artikel så ...