Oasis – it’s such a wonderful word, isn’t it? Like haven, or sanctuary. The proper definition, the Oxford Dictionary tells me, is a fertile spot in a desert, where water is found. And that is just what Al Ain is. An oasis. A garden at the edge of the fabled Empty Quarter, inhabited for more […]
Abu Dhabi holds a whopping 9 % of the world’s oil reserves, is the richest city on earth, safe, green, clean and, dare I say it, a wee bit…
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Edinburgh underground 31 October 2014
- Silent Sunday: Twin waterfalls Låtefoss, Norway 11 October 2015
- En by som Speyer – #JoinGermanTradition 7 October 2015
- A Town called Speyer – #JoinGermanTradition 7 October 2015
- Silent Sunday: Elevador da Glória, a Lisbon funicular 4 October 2015
- Insider Guide to Marrakech 30 September 2015
- Leigh: Would be very cool to head to the top!...
- John: I remember visiting this site many decades ago whe...
- Marcia: The views are absolutely worth the climb. It tak...
- Lisa Goodmurphy: Those views are incredible! I need to move to Euro...
- Agata: And yet another wonderful location in Germany I ha...