Oasis – it’s such a wonderful word, isn’t it? Like haven, or sanctuary. The proper definition, the Oxford Dictionary tells me, is a fertile spot in a desert, where water is found. And that is just what Al Ain is. An oasis. A garden at the edge of the fabled Empty Quarter, inhabited for more […]
Abu Dhabi holds a whopping 9 % of the world’s oil reserves, is the richest city on earth, safe, green, clean and, dare I say it, a wee bit…
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Cinque Terre, Portovenere and the Poets 22 May 2015
- 11 things to do in Dubai 25 March 2015
- Silent Sunday: The luxurious Burj al-Arab hotel in Dubai 7 February 2016
- Silent Sunday: The rugged and beautiful beach at Batsheba in Barbados 31 January 2016
- Wintry Vilnius by Instagram 27 January 2016
- Silent Retro Sunday: Smiling girls at the market in Banjul, The Gambia 24 January 2016
- What makes us human? Thoughts on prehistoric cave art. 20 January 2016
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Sounds exciting. Look forward to reading about it....
- The Barefoot Backpacker: Outside of Africa, there\'s Timor-Leste too; it\'s...
- The Barefoot Backpacker: It\'s a border crossing I do fully intend to trave...
- Linda March: I bet. :D How that you\'ve only spend 24 hours ...
- Ann-Mari: Spennende på mange vis - og fint å få vite om a...