Ras-al-Khaimah and the United Arab Emirates Ras-al-Khaimah is one of the United Arab Emirates. The UAE comprises seven states. Formerly British protectorates, the emirates (then known as the Trucial Sheikhdoms) joined together to form a federation when the UK ended the relationship in 1971. Two other British protectorates, Bahrain and Qatar, were meant to join […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Aachen Cathedral and Charlemagne’s BMI 13 June 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Silent Sunday: Along the River Ness, Inverness in Scotland 1 March 2015
- 11 most popular Instagrams in January 2015 27 February 2015
- Her kan du sove, spise og more deg i Dubai 24 February 2015
- Where to sleep, eat and dance in Dubai 24 February 2015
- Silent Sunday: Petrol pump left behind, Pyramiden in the Svalbard Archipelago 22 February 2015
- Muza-chan: Beautiful......
- Deb: Great info! When we get to Dubai one day I\'ll be ...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Very interesting read. I\'m constantly astonished ...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Thanks, Corinne :)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Glad you liked it :)...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Copenhagen Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany India Instagram islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Zealand Norway Oslo South Africa South Pacific Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vikings Wales world at a glance