Going south after our failed Musandam venture, our driver (you know, the one who had forgotten his passport) tried to persuade us to go directly from Ras al-Khaimah to Ajman, and give Umm al-Quwain a miss. But in my quest to see every single emirate, that simply would not do. He finally caved. The reason [...]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Pets, pools and pennies at the Hemingway House, Key West 14 March 2012
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – the real Narnia 7 June 2012
- Atlantic Canada: Lively Lunenburg 30 May 2012
- Canada Road Trip: Vancouver to Calgary, the Scenic Route 21 June 2012
- Cape Byron Lighthouse 19 July 2012
- New #DIY at OSL – self-service baggage check-in #tburtm 19 May 2013
- The ideal doggie snack: a shoe-shaped piece of water buffaloi hide 19 May 2013
- Beautiful Bragernes church, #Drammen 19 May 2013
- Milkshakes in #oslo 19 May 2013
- Speaks for itself. #munch #scream 19 May 2013
- Travel Musts: What amazing colors in those pictures! I wish I co...
- Ursula: Oh my God that pool surrounded with those balinese...
- Edit: Actually those roller are technically green, their...
- Steve: The scooters look like a great way to get around (...
- bonooobong: I guess those scooters have been green technically...
#frifotos Africa Americas Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France islands Italy Kuwait London Macedonia Middle East mountains Norway Oceania Oslo Paris Scandinavia South Pacific Spain Switzerland travel with children travel with teens Travel Writing UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vienna Vikings Wales