One of the fun things about island-hopping in the Pacific is the feeling of time warp when crossing the international dateline. Leaving Fiji on 15 April, we arrived in Samoa a few hours later on 14 April, miraculously gaining a day – then promptly lost it when going to Tonga. One of the fun things about island-hopping in the Pacific is the feeling of time warp when crossing the international dateline. Leaving Fiji on 15 April, we arrived in Samoa a few hours later on 14 April, miraculously gaining a day – then promptly lost it when going to Tonga.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- Dublin after dark – mobile theatre 9 October 2013
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Den praktfulle Berlinerdomen 21 September 2014
- Silent Sunday: The magnificent Berlinerdom (Berlin Cathedral) 21 September 2014
- World at a Glance: Freddie Mercury in Montreux 17 September 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Afrikanske pingviner i vannrørene i Simon’s Town 14 September 2014
- Silent Sunday: African penguins in the water pipes at Simon’s Town 14 September 2014
- Lisa Goodmurphy: I had no idea that there was a connection between ...
- Mette: I would not have been able to spot the link betwee...
- Jeff Titelius: Wow, this certainly sounds like a fascinating jour...
- Lance: Yes...but, the smell was pretty horrific...especia...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Hope you\'ll find an opportunity. It\'s a beautifu...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Balkans Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany India Instagram islands Italy London Middle East mountains Norway Oslo Scandinavia South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vikings Wales world at a glance