One of the fun things about island-hopping in the Pacific is the feeling of time warp when crossing the international dateline. Leaving Fiji on 15 April, we arrived in Samoa a few hours later on 14 April, miraculously gaining a day – then promptly lost it when going to Tonga.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Pets, pools and pennies at the Hemingway House, Key West 14 March 2012
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – the real Narnia 7 June 2012
- Atlantic Canada: Lively Lunenburg 30 May 2012
- Canada Road Trip: Vancouver to Calgary, the Scenic Route 21 June 2012
- Cape Byron Lighthouse 19 July 2012
- Viva Bahia, a fabulous Majorca family hotel 15 May 2013
- Greece: A guide for history buffs 12 May 2013
- Norfolk Coast Path: horizons 10 May 2013
- The lonely convent 7 May 2013
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Mette - Italian Notes: Is it like washing gold in Legoland? Did you find ...
- Jackie Smith: Must keep this place in mind. Certainly looks lik...
- Johanna at ZigaZag: Please can I also go to the pool jacuzzi with Bali...
- budget jan: I\'m with Cat - Goats rule. I am also with you - ...
- Marisol@TravelingSolemates: Hi Sophie, I\'m so so ready for that pièce de ré...
#frifotos Africa Americas Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France islands Italy Kuwait London Macedonia Middle East mountains Norway Oceania Oslo Paris Scandinavia South Pacific Spain Switzerland travel with children travel with teens Travel Writing UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vienna Vikings Wales