Welcome to Sophie’s World, a blog about searching for the world’s curious and often unsung corners, about the quirky and fun things to see and do in more familiar parts of the planet. And about travelling with children. Sophie’s World is frequently ranked among the world’s best travel blogs.
To learn more about us, please see our about-page.
We cover travel destinations which appeal to the independent traveller looking for interesting experiences off the beaten track.
We welcome cooperation with PR agencies and destinations.
Here’s how you can benefit:
- Our readers are interested in travel and search for inspiration.
- Through our large social media platform and our loyal readers, we will promote your destination or brand to travellers.
- As opposed to print media, blogging and social media reach readers immediately.
- Articles on Sophie’s World continue to grow in popularity and will appear in search engines for years to come.
At Sophie’s World, we love the written word and constantly develop our skills. Anne-Sophie Redisch has numerous publication credits, including various inflight mags, Fodor’s Travel Guides, National Geographic Intelligent Traveler, Prospect Magazine (UK), the Matador Network, EuropeUpClose, Boots’n’All, and more.
Unusually for a travel blog, the kids have their say as well. The oldest daughter Alexandra holds an MA (Hons) in Creative writing, and the youngest daughter Catarina writes from the perspective of a young teen.
Send an e-mail to admin at sophiesworld dot net.
Statistics and social media for Sophie’s World
- Peer Index: 60
- Klout: 65
- Domain authority: 41; page authority: 50
- Demographics: Male/female – 40/60, Age 25–55. About 85 % of our visitors come from the USA, the UK, Scandinavia/Nordic countries, Canada, Australia and Germany.
- Twitter: 17 000+ followers (Tweetreach: 50 tweets reach 67 229 people with 150 369 Twitter impressions.)
- Facebook: 1 400+ followers
- Google +: in 6 500+ circles
- Pinterest: 5 900+ followers
- Instagram: 9 000+ followers
TBU Book of Travel Bloggers: Interview
The Travel Tester: Travel memory
Our Oyster: Travelling with children
Wandering Educators: A Look Inside Sophie’s World
IWantSun.co.uk: I Wish I was There Instead (Sao Miguel, Azores)
World Reviewer: Oslo with a local
No Beaten Path: Ten Questions with Sophie’s World
Pocketcultures: A world traveller who loves going home
The Brink of Something Else: A Norwegian in New Zealand and the US
Great Places in Bulgaria: A travel journalist on Bulgaria
Other mentions and accolades:
From Lonely Planet:
We picked our favourite bloggers around the world and featured their content on the Lonely Planet website… Lonely Planet wanted to shine a light on the very best travel writing and photography on the planet.
Lonely Planet: Around the World with 40 Bloggers
National Geographic’s Intelligent Traveler: I Heart my City (in the summer)
16 Stunning City Skylines (Oslo in winter)
Top 50 “Around the World” Female Blogger Awards
Top 10 travel bloggers in 2011 – EasyJet
Top influencers in travel – PeerIndex
Top 100 Travel Sites – TravMonkey
The Best Travel Blogs – Konecktor
100 Most Influential Travel Bloggers – Mapo
13 inspirational travel blogs
Top 100 Travel Blogs – Nomadic Samuel
Top 100 independent travel blogs – Brendan’s Adventures
100 reasons to travel inspired by bloggers from across the globe – TripLogic
50 tweeting travel experts you really should know about – WorldFirst
Top travel blogs award – CollegeFinder
50 travel bloggers to follow – 10Mania