Brimstone Hill Fortress The Caribbean island of St Kitts was tossed back and forth between England and France in what seemed an interminable battle for most of the 17th and 18th centuries. The island was quite heavily fortified and Brimstone Hill is an exceptionally well preserved historical fort. It’s a monument to brilliant British engineering […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Cinque Terre, Portovenere and the Poets 22 May 2015
- 11 things to do in Dubai 25 March 2015
- Silent Sunday: The luxurious Burj al-Arab hotel in Dubai 7 February 2016
- Silent Sunday: The rugged and beautiful beach at Batsheba in Barbados 31 January 2016
- Wintry Vilnius by Instagram 27 January 2016
- Silent Retro Sunday: Smiling girls at the market in Banjul, The Gambia 24 January 2016
- What makes us human? Thoughts on prehistoric cave art. 20 January 2016
- Linda March: I bet. :D How that you\'ve only spend 24 hours ...
- Ann-Mari: Spennende på mange vis - og fint å få vite om a...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Can cover a lot in 24 hours in such a compact city...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Hm... more sweet than sour, I suppose: Beets, yogu...
- Jess: Stunning photograph! The rock formations look quit...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Copenhagen Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram Ireland islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UAE UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance