Brimstone Hill Fortress The Caribbean island of St Kitts was tossed back and forth between England and France in what seemed an interminable battle for most of the 17th and 18th centuries. The island was quite heavily fortified and Brimstone Hill is an exceptionally well preserved historical fort. It’s a monument to brilliant British engineering […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Maulbronn Monastery Complex 23 September 2015
- Dialogue in the Dark: blind in Hamburg 26 November 2015
- 48 hours in Hamburg 2 March 2016
- Underneath the river: Secret London 5 May 2016
- 11 things I love about Almaty 6 July 2016
- Carlingford: colours, craic and leprechauns 29 June 2016
- World at a Glance: Le Locle, built for watchmakers 23 June 2016
- Christiansfeld: historie og honningkake 16 June 2016
- Christiansfeld: history and honey cakes 16 June 2016
- April Yap: Almaty is a good place for vacation time the last ...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Just arrived in Bishkek now. About to have a look ...
- Kathi: Nice. I didn\'t get to see too much of Almaty. I\'...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: One I\'m very keen to hear. :) Will get in touch i...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: :)...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram Ireland islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UAE UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance