Norfolk Island was once Britain’s worst convict colony. So bad was it, convicts sought execution as relief from suffering.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan with G Adventures: a trip review 24 November 2016
- 7 things 2016 taught me 31 December 2016
- The charms of England’s Lake District 29 May 2017
- 11 things you’ll love about Dresden 13 October 2016
- 11 things you’ll love about Kraków 10 March 2017
- In Flanders Fields the poppies grow… 16 September 2017
- A Tale of Two Villas 10 September 2017
- Chasing shadows in Czechia 30 August 2017
- World at a Glance: Defenestration of Prague 22 August 2017
- The Four Seasons Hotel in Baku: Graceful and luxurious 15 August 2017
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Thanks! They\'re both excellent in their own ways....
- Shashank. R: One of the fantastic and colourful posts represent...
- Stephen Garone: Nice post! I missed Adriana when I was in Rome, bu...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Terezin next time in Czechia for me....
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Can\'t let scepticism get in the way of fun and in...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram Ireland islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UAE UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance