On a dramatic cliff in the hills above a large, brawling city, there’s a hotel. A deliciously kitsch, bright pink Hollywood hideaway in Acapulco, a secret refuge for film stars in the 1950s. Now, we only stopped for the spectacular ocean views, and for drinks on a hot day, so this will not be a […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Gritty street scene, Curepipe Mauritius, 1995 28 June 2015
- World at a Glance: The Bone Church at Sedlec 25 June 2015
- Silent Sunday: The Giant Buddha in Nha Trang, Vietnam 21 June 2015
- Chasing ghosts in New Orleans 18 June 2015
- Silent Sunday: Vøringsfossen waterfall in Hordaland, Norway 14 June 2015
- South Africa Places of Interest | mohamma91: […] you liked this article as well as you wa...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: The Balkans is definitely an interesting and histo...
- Julio: Enjoyed your post very much. That part of the worl...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: :)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Horrible whichever way we turn yesterday....
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Berlin Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Copenhagen Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany India Instagram islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vikings Wales world at a glance