In Vienna, you may have seen the creative and colourful Hundertwasser House. You know, the one with no straight lines, where trees are incorporated into the house. Even the floors are wavy. As Hundertwasser said: “an uneven floor is a melody to the feet”. But did you know the famous ahead-of-his-time eco-friendly Austrian architect lived [...]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- A taste of New Orleans 2 May 2013
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Rural Majorca 25 April 2013
- Easter traditions in Norway 27 March 2013
- Tbilisi by Instagram 30 July 2013
- Monday Memory: A day at the lake in Beijing 3 March 2014
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Maidan Square in peaceful times 22 February 2014
- World at a Glance: Maputo fish market 21 February 2014
- Monday memory: Auckland’s Sky Tower and therapy 17 February 2014
- Madagascar vacations: I\'ve never heard about Caucasus until today! sham...
- Madagascar vacations: Beinjing holds so much historical and cultural her...
- Muza-chan: Very beautiful pavilion......
- Michael Lynch: It may have been stifling hot but, what wonderful ...
- Natasha von Geldern: What a lovely memory of an important time in the l...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Balkans Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France islands Italy London Middle East mountains Norway Oceania Oslo Scandinavia South Africa South Pacific Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vienna Vikings Wales world at a glance