In Vienna, you may have seen the creative and colourful Hundertwasser House. You know, the one with no straight lines, where trees are incorporated into the house. Even the floors are wavy. As Hundertwasser said: “an uneven floor is a melody to the feet”. But did you know the famous, ahead-of-his-time eco-friendly Austrian architect lived [...]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – the real Narnia 7 June 2012
- Pets, pools and pennies at the Hemingway House, Key West 14 March 2012
- Atlantic Canada: Lively Lunenburg 30 May 2012
- Canada Road Trip: Vancouver to Calgary, the Scenic Route 21 June 2012
- Cape Byron Lighthouse 19 July 2012
- World at a Glance: Hole in the Rock 14 June 2013
- Valley of the Kings 10 June 2013
- Ranxo ses Roques: horse riding in Majorca (I loved it!) 6 June 2013
- Republika Srpska: Pretty Trebinje 3 June 2013
- Munch at Oslo airport 30 May 2013
- Andrea: I love when airports do things like this - great w...
- Andrea: What beautiful animals!...
- Mette - Italian Notes: I\'ve seen a lot of rocks with holes around the wo...
- Salika Jay: It\'s amazing what waves can do. It\'d be nice to ...
- Leigh: You are a very wise woman getting up so early Soph...
#frifotos Africa Americas Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France islands Italy Kuwait London Macedonia Middle East mountains Norway Nova Scotia Oceania Oslo Paris Scandinavia South Pacific Spain Switzerland travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vienna Vikings Wales