It’s early evening in the village surrounding Qal’at al-Bahrain. The creatively decorated houses remind me of pictures in fairy-tales, especially through the filter of the setting sun. Five horsemen appear out of the dusk in front of the silhouette of a large 16th century Portuguese fort. This is home to Iranians, says Aziz, my guide [...]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- Travel Photo Roulette 69 – come play! 8 November 2013
- Exploring Suomenlinna 17 September 2013
- Cooking in Italy 27 February 2014
- Dar es Salaam by Instagram 10 April 2014
- Dublin after dark – mobile theatre 9 October 2013
- Søndagsbildet: Trolske Asdøljuvet 24 August 2014
- Silent Sunday: Enchanting Asdøljuvet Canyon 24 August 2014
- Laura Plantation – Portrait of a Creole family 20 August 2014
- Søndagsbildet: Fyrtårn i Summerside, Prince Edward Island 17 August 2014
- Silent Sunday: Lighthouse at Summerside, PEI 17 August 2014
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Yes, I walked through the stream; fresh, cold wate...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Thanks for stopping by, Lili....
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: :)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I do too. Luckily, I live very near :)...
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Very interesting post to go back in time! I love t...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Balkans Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram islands Italy London Middle East mountains Norway Oslo Scandinavia South Africa South Pacific Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vikings Wales world at a glance