It’s early evening in the village surrounding Qal’at al-Bahrain. The creatively decorated houses remind me of pictures in fairy-tales, especially through the filter of the setting sun. Five horsemen appear out of the dusk in front of the silhouette of a large 16th century Portuguese fort. This is home to Iranians, says Aziz, my guide […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Underneath the river: Secret London 5 May 2016
- Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan with G Adventures: a trip review 24 November 2016
- 11 things you’ll love about Almaty 6 July 2016
- 48 hours in Hamburg 2 March 2016
- World at a Glance: Tropical Island in a Nazi Hangar 8 February 2017
- A look inside North Korea 1 February 2017
- 7 things 2016 taught me 31 December 2016
- Bergen: Gingerbread town 2016 in photos 28 December 2016
- Christmas in India: 4000 steps, camels and sleeping amongst lambs 21 December 2016
- Maaike (Travellous World): A bit on the late side, but Happy New Year! Thanks...
- Brigitta: It always gives me the chills to read about North ...
- Brigitta: This was inspiring to read! Thank you for sharing...
- Rachel: We were just there. Great pictures you have here! ...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: A very cool common project, indeed. And yes, you c...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram Ireland islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UAE UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance