It’s early January on the Nile. Early morning as well. The girls are still asleep. I’m alone on deck. Going down river (north) is windier. The pages of my note pad is blowing fiercly, at times lightly whipping my face. It’s bitterly cold.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan with G Adventures: a trip review 24 November 2016
- Luther, the man. And the woman. 9 September 2016
- World at a Glance: The Bellinzona castles 8 August 2016
- 7 things 2016 taught me 31 December 2016
- Auschwitz-Birkenau: Reminding us of man’s madness 25 August 2016
- Whimsical Giethoorn – a photo essay 16 July 2017
- Vienna to Graz via the Semmering Railway: A UNESCO Kinder Egg 22 June 2017
- The charms of England’s Lake District 29 May 2017
- Things to do in Manchester if you’re not into football 28 April 2017
- Off to Northern England! 4 April 2017
- Ryan Ashcroft: Hi Sophie, great picture. I came to Thailand about...
- jo Ann Lawery: Love this blog post , Sophie . I have been to Lo...
- Nausheen: The pictures are just breathtaking, these amazing ...
- Stefanie: Woow, this looks really amazing, This is really ...
- Inma, A World to Travel: Thanks so much for this article! I am doing resea...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram Ireland islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UAE UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance