Brimstone Hill Fortress The Caribbean island of St Kitts was tossed back and forth between England and France in what seemed an interminable battle for most of the 17th and 18th centuries. The island was quite heavily fortified and Brimstone Hill is an exceptionally well preserved historical fort. It’s a monument to brilliant British engineering [...]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – the real Narnia 7 June 2012
- Pets, pools and pennies at the Hemingway House, Key West 14 March 2012
- Atlantic Canada: Lively Lunenburg 30 May 2012
- Canada Road Trip: Vancouver to Calgary, the Scenic Route 21 June 2012
- Cape Byron Lighthouse 19 July 2012
- World at a Glance: Green bikes – and scooters – in Amsterdam 17 May 2013
- Viva Bahia, a fabulous Majorca family hotel 15 May 2013
- Greece: A guide for history buffs 12 May 2013
- Norfolk Coast Path: horizons 10 May 2013
- The lonely convent 7 May 2013
- Lisa Goodmurphy: What a lovely looking resort! I\'d like to spend h...
- budget jan: The weirdest place by far was in London many years...
- Dana Carmel @ Time Travel Plans: These scooters look like an awesome way to get aro...
- Vera Marie Badertscher: Your photos do justice to the beautiful resort, an...
- Maria Alexandra @LatinAbroad: was supposed to go to Greece for a honeymoon… An...
#frifotos Africa Americas Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France islands Italy Kuwait London Macedonia Middle East mountains Norway Oceania Oslo Paris Scandinavia South Pacific Spain Switzerland travel with children travel with teens Travel Writing UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vienna Vikings Wales