Brimstone Hill Fortress The Caribbean island of St Kitts was tossed back and forth between England and France in what seemed an interminable battle for most of the 17th and 18th centuries. The island was quite heavily fortified and Brimstone Hill is an exceptionally well preserved historical fort. It’s a monument to brilliant British engineering […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Underneath the river: Secret London 5 May 2016
- 11 things you’ll love about Almaty 6 July 2016
- Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan with G Adventures: a trip review 24 November 2016
- Luther, the man. And the woman. 9 September 2016
- Day out Gdansk: The Malbork Murder 26 March 2017
- 11 things you’ll love about Kraków 10 March 2017
- World at a Glance: Tropical Island in a Nazi Hangar 8 February 2017
- A look inside North Korea 1 February 2017
- 7 things 2016 taught me 31 December 2016
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: You\'ll have a great journey, I\'m sure. Happy tra...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Look forward to seeing more of Poland :)...
- James: If only we lived in a world where we had word wars...
- Slawka: Krakow is truly beautiful and for everyone it shou...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Because it was abandoned....
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram Ireland islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UAE UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance