Brimstone Hill Fortress The Caribbean island of St Kitts was tossed back and forth between England and France in what seemed an interminable battle for most of the 17th and 18th centuries. The island was quite heavily fortified and Brimstone Hill is an exceptionally well preserved historical fort. It’s a monument to brilliant British engineering […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Atlantic Canada road trip 28 April 2016
- Chasing ghosts in New Orleans 18 June 2015
- Maulbronn Monastery Complex 23 September 2015
- Dialogue in the Dark: blind in Hamburg – #UnescoHamburg 26 November 2015
- Lorsch Abbey 23 October 2015
- Sophie tries new things: Thai massage in Bangkok – #AmazingThainess 18 May 2016
- Silent Retro Sunday: The colonial Hotel Polana in Maputo, Mozambique 15 May 2016
- Day Out Bangkok: Royal Ayutthaya 11 May 2016
- Silent Sunday: Trondheim Norway just before midnight in summer 8 May 2016
- Underneath the river: Secret London 5 May 2016
- Indrani: Indian Ayurveda massages are equally good. I have...
- Linda March: Seems like you catch a quiet day, almost no touris...
- April Yap: What makes us human? I think on how we grow with t...
- Grey World Nomads: The buildings and statues look very impressive. We...
- Jeff: Wow! I didn\'t know about the Swedish Vikings or h...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Copenhagen Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UAE UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance