Brimstone Hill Fortress The Caribbean island of St Kitts was tossed back and forth between England and France in what seemed an interminable battle for most of the 17th and 18th centuries. The island was quite heavily fortified and Brimstone Hill is an exceptionally well preserved historical fort. It’s a monument to brilliant British engineering […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan with G Adventures: a trip review 24 November 2016
- Luther, the man. And the woman. 9 September 2016
- 7 things 2016 taught me 31 December 2016
- The charms of England’s Lake District 29 May 2017
- Auschwitz-Birkenau: Reminding us of man’s madness 25 August 2016
- World at a Glance: Defenestration of Prague 22 August 2017
- The Four Seasons Hotel in Baku: Graceful and luxurious 15 August 2017
- The Waterhead: A Boutique Hotel in the English Lake District 29 July 2017
- Whimsical Giethoorn – a photo essay 16 July 2017
- Vienna to Graz via the Semmering Railway: A UNESCO Kinder Egg 22 June 2017
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I\'ve only been in summer: once in June and once i...
- Julie: Great photos! I love Warsaw, it is one of my favor...
- Agness of eTramping: Armenia seems truly picturesque and stunning! When...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Some are taken with an iPhone 6S, some with a Niko...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Giethoorn is well worth exploring....
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram Ireland islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UAE UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance