On a dramatic cliff in the hills above Acapulco, there’s a hotel. A deliciously kitsch, bright pink hotel. Now, we only stopped for the spectacular ocean views, and for drinks on a hot day, so this will not be a proper hotel review. I know nothing about the rooms. I hear they’re fairly basic, but [...]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Pets, pools and pennies at the Hemingway House, Key West 14 March 2012
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – the real Narnia 7 June 2012
- Atlantic Canada: Lively Lunenburg 30 May 2012
- Canada Road Trip: Vancouver to Calgary, the Scenic Route 21 June 2012
- Cape Byron Lighthouse 19 July 2012
- Pictou, birthplace of Nova Scotia 22 May 2013
- The innovative architecture of Rotterdam 18 May 2013
- World at a Glance: Green bikes – and scooters – in Amsterdam 17 May 2013
- Viva Bahia, a fabulous Majorca family hotel 15 May 2013
- Greece: A guide for history buffs 12 May 2013
- Sherry: Going to actually make it here one day, though it ...
- Vera Marie Badertscher: Sophie: Thanks so much for reminding me of a delig...
- Life Images by Jill: isn\'t so amazing the early explorers sailed all a...
- Jackie Smith: Oh, this one stirs the wanderlust! Someday . . .w...
- budget jan: We will definitely be visiting Novia Scotia. I ha...
#frifotos Africa Americas Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France islands Italy Kuwait London Macedonia Middle East mountains Norway Nova Scotia Oceania Oslo Paris Scandinavia South Pacific Spain Switzerland travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vienna Vikings Wales