In Vienna, you may have seen the creative and colourful Hundertwasser House. You know, the one with no straight lines, where trees are incorporated into the house. Even the floors are wavy. As Hundertwasser said: an uneven floor is a melody to the feet. But did you know the famous ahead-of-his-time eco-friendly Austrian architect lived […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- 8 Instagrams from Arctic Sweden 13 August 2014
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Giant’s Causeway 30 June 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Gritty street scene, Curepipe Mauritius, 1995 28 June 2015
- World at a Glance: The Bone Church at Sedlec 25 June 2015
- Silent Sunday: The Giant Buddha in Nha Trang, Vietnam 21 June 2015
- Chasing ghosts in New Orleans 18 June 2015
- Gilla: Sorry to hear that you got wounded to come up with...
- Leigh: Love the sad story of Julie. Very well written pos...
- Jeremy Scott Foster: Wow! I can\'t wait to go to Norway one of these da...
- Mark stiles: My wife and I absolutely loved portovenere and the...
- South Africa Places of Interest | mohamma91: […] you liked this article as well as you wa...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Berlin Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Copenhagen Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany India Instagram islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vikings Wales world at a glance