In Vienna, you may have seen the creative and colourful Hundertwasser House. You know, the one with no straight lines, where trees are incorporated into the house. Even the floors are wavy. As Hundertwasser said: an uneven floor is a melody to the feet. But did you know the famous ahead-of-his-time eco-friendly Austrian architect lived […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Europe by Train 22 October 2014
- The tallest building in the world 10 February 2015
- Camogli, an Italian secret 7 May 2015
- Al Bastakiya: Historic Dubai and Emirati culture 17 February 2015
- Edinburgh underground 31 October 2014
- Insider Guide to Marrakech 30 September 2015
- Silent Retro Sunday: Biking by the Bay, Dominica 1995 27 September 2015
- Klosteret i Maulbronn 23 September 2015
- Maulbronn Monastery Complex 23 September 2015
- Søndagsbildet: Abu Simbel-tempelet i Egypt 20 September 2015
- Travel Photo Roulette #113: REFLECTION | dare2go: […] 2013 Sophie’s World: […]...
- Paula McInerney: I haven\'t heard of Maulbronn Monastery Complex, n...
- Lisa Goodmurphy: Marrakech has been on my wish list for a very long...
- Muza-chan: Lovely colors.......
- budget jan: Loved the fountain house and the ramshackle gazebo...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Copenhagen Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram Ireland islands Italy London Middle East mountains Nature Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance