Hi everyone! Alex (the oldest daughter) here. In my humble opinion, one of the things lacking on this blog is food. Everyone loves food! Everyone likes to look at pictures of food. And everyone likes to read about food. Am I right or am I right? This post is (hopefully) the first in a series of Italian restaurant reviews, done over the course of my stay in Rome and Umbria for the TBU conference in April 2012. First up is a small restaurant called Napoletano’s Italian style pizza and steakhouse New York City at Piazza della Rotonda. Apart from a rather unsuitable name, this little place is rather nice. Although not reminicent of a steakhouse or NYC, it is certainly quintessentially Italian – and you get a great view of the Pantheon (pictured above) while you eat. The lunch menu, which is served until 7 p.m., starts with a bruschetta topped with fresh pomodoro and ruccola. A choice of pasta or pizza as a main, and a drink (soft drinks, water or wine) sets you back 12 euros. Not too bad! DSC_0045 I chose the pizza margherita with a glass of red wine, as I always do when I have Italian pizza. A native Roman friend of mine told me that the best way to judge a restaurant in Italy is to have the margherita, as it’s so simple. Apparently, if you have lots of toppings on your pizza you can’t really taste it, whereas with a simple margherita you will know at once if this is good or bad pizza. This was definitely a good pizza. DSC_0047 The service was great, the price was unbeatable and the food heavenly. Add an amazing location and season with a couple of street musicians playing cheesy love songs – what’s not to like about this place?
About Alexandra RedischOne of the kids in ‘travel with kids’, avid traveller, mystery writer, chocoholic, currently working on a WWII biography.
Leave a Reply
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
- En hage i Costa Brava 31 januar 2013
- (English) Sunday scenes from down under: Auckland Harbour Bridge 23 desember 2012
- Smaken av New Orleans 2 mai 2013
- Mallorca: en dag på landet 25 april 2013
- (English) Easter traditions in Norway 27 mars 2013
- (English) Imizamo Yethu: Life in a township 5 desember 2013
- (English) Tbilisi to Yerevan 2 desember 2013
- (English) World at a Glance: Old Town Corfu 27 november 2013
- (English) A spacy stay at Heathrow 22 november 2013
- Speil i Texas 15 november 2013
- Leigh: Hard to believe a man of such stature is gone. I\'...
- Dana Carmel @ Time Travel Plans: What a beautiful Mandela quote - the definition of...
- Marcia: Beautiful tribute, Sophie. Like you, I also have h...
- Adam: Jealous that you stayed here! I didn\'t think abou...
- Maria: Lovely tribute Sophie - this is one that will rema...
#frifotos Afrika Arabia architecture Arctic Balkan Blogsherpa Britain Britiske øyer Canada Cape Town Caribbean Catalunya Cornwall Cymru Danmark Dubai Egypt England Europe Frankrike islands Italia London Middle East mountains Norgr Oceania Oslo Scandinavia South Pacific Spania Sveits Sør-Afrika the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vienna Vikings Wales world at a glance Østerrike