As I’m scribbling this, I’m sat at FRA, probably my least favourite airport. Doesn’t help that I’ve had 3 hours sleep, and that my fave Eurovision tune (Ireland) ended up at 16th place, right behind my second favourite at 15th (I’m Norwegian, after all). But – I’ll give you a proper look-over another time, FRA. […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Chasing shadows in Czechia 30 August 2017
- A Tale of Two Villas 10 September 2017
- Gori: birthplace of the world’s most infamous dictator 17 April 2018
- Three new Munich faves 27 October 2017
- Day out Tbilisi: Ananuri Castle and Kazbegi Mountains 9 May 2018
- Marian’s Guesthouse: An Oasis in Dushanbe 16 August 2018
- (Almost) 48 hours in Osh 9 August 2018
- Astana 4 August 2018
- Baalbek, Anjar and wine: 3 highlights of the Bekaa Valley 31 July 2018
- World at a Glance: Petroglyphs in Tamgaly Gorge 13 July 2018
- Jonny Blair: A nice article Anne-Sophie and great to see you vi...
- Rahul: Can’t believe I haven’t been before! Thanks fo...
- Katrin: What a bizzare experience to have! Maybe the citiz...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Love unusual finds like this plantation. Thanks fo...
- Jeanette Brunet: I was in Edinburgh in August of 2015 for 9 days. W...
Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Belgium Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Caucasus Cornwall Cymru daytrip Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram in transit islands Italy London Middle East mountains Netherlands New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance