This month’s most popular Instagrams are from Northern Ireland, Austria, Belgium, Germany and Sweden, and include three World Heritage sites. Here we go:
11. Until last month, I hadn’t been in Antwerp in more than 20 years. What a wonderful city! One of its many features is the fabulous doors found around town. This one is from the shopping street!
10. More doors: these are in Dublin.
9. We’re in Sweden here – Northern Sweden, to be precise, along the Gulf of Bothnia. I was here to have a look at the unusual landscape at Höga kusten (High Coast), and was surprised to notice the numerous American vintage cars up here.
8. Above the clouds of Norway:
7. More Antwerp city centre doors:
6. The green landscape of the Antrim Glens in Northern Ireland.
5. Further along the coast of County Antrim is Giant’s Causeway, a cool quirk of nature with wild weather and wild legends.
4. Also in Northern Ireland, at Carrick-a-Rede, you can wander across a wiggly rope bridge to the little island in the background here.
3. This gorgeous landscape is just outside the big city. Nature at your doorstep in Vienna.
2. About 1.5 hours south-east of Berlin, on both sides of the Neisse River which marks the border between Germany and Poland, is Muskauer Park / Park Mużakowski. A gorgeous place for a stroll or a bike ride and even spending the night.
1. The most popular photo in Sophie’s World’s Instagram gallery in June was this
graffitied creatively painted house in Dublin.
The High Coast in Sweden, Muskauer Park / Park Mużakowski in Germany/Poland and Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland are all UNESCO World Heritage sites. Here are all the heritage sites I’ve visited around the world.
Beautiful collection! There are antique car collectors all over the World. Nice Caddie in your photo.
Just loving these instas