It’s early January on the Nile. Early morning as well. The girls are still asleep. I’m alone on deck. Going down river (north) is windier. The pages of my note pad is blowing fiercly, at times lightly whipping my face. It’s bitterly cold.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan with G Adventures: a trip review 24 November 2016
- 7 things 2016 taught me 31 December 2016
- The charms of England’s Lake District 29 May 2017
- A look inside North Korea 1 February 2017
- 11 things you’ll love about Kraków 10 March 2017
- Valletta and the Knights of St John 16 November 2017
- 11 things you’ll love about Belgrade 13 November 2017
- An afternoon at the Palazzo Parisio – in which Alexandra becomes insufferably colonial 11 November 2017
- A Visit to Ħaġar Qim 6 November 2017
- Qube hotel Heidelberg – a review 30 October 2017
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I agree. Very sad!...
- Frances: I read about Svalbard a couple of years after it w...
- Emrah Baskin: lovely article with sharp fotos!, Me too I\'ve bee...
- Luminita: These Italian villas are so unique, each with its ...
- Serhat: I think Four Seasons hotels are always the best. I...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Balkans Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany India Instagram islands Italy London Louisiana Middle East mountains Netherlands New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance