Brimstone Hill Fortress The Caribbean island of St Kitts was tossed back and forth between England and France in what seemed an interminable battle for most of the 17th and 18th centuries. The island was quite heavily fortified and Brimstone Hill is an exceptionally well preserved historical fort. It’s a monument to brilliant British engineering […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan with G Adventures: a trip review 24 November 2016
- 7 things 2016 taught me 31 December 2016
- The charms of England’s Lake District 29 May 2017
- A look inside North Korea 1 February 2017
- 11 things you’ll love about Kraków 10 March 2017
- 11 things you’ll love on the Luther trail 18 October 2017
- 24 August 79: A Day Like Any Other 13 October 2017
- World at a Glance: Heidelberg’s Student Prison 9 October 2017
- In Bruges: UNESCO meets black comedy crime 2 October 2017
- De Koninck: Antwerp in a Bottle 24 September 2017
- Luminita: These Italian villas are so unique, each with its ...
- Serhat: I think Four Seasons hotels are always the best. I...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Thanks! They\'re both excellent in their own ways....
- Shashank. R: One of the fantastic and colourful posts represent...
- Stephen Garone: Nice post! I missed Adriana when I was in Rome, bu...
#frifotos Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Australia Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram Ireland islands Italy London Middle East mountains New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UAE UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance