The quality and style of this photo might indicate it’s ancient, much as my good self, like from the 1960s. But no, it’s simply a scanned version of a slide (remember those?) from the very last bits of the 20th century. I’ve been playing with a new pocket-sized scanner that promises to transform old slides […]
Recently, a friend of mine was on a plane hit by lightning. Seemed scary enough, but the pilot had quickly explained very calmly that it was nothing to worry about. A bit later the plane landed safely. Most of my stories of flying have been more funny than scary. And whenever I’m bored, I snap […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan with G Adventures: a trip review 24 November 2016
- 7 things 2016 taught me 31 December 2016
- The charms of England’s Lake District 29 May 2017
- A look inside North Korea 1 February 2017
- 11 things you’ll love about Kraków 10 March 2017
- 11 things you’ll love on the Luther trail 18 October 2017
- 24 August 79: A Day Like Any Other 13 October 2017
- World at a Glance: Heidelberg’s Student Prison 9 October 2017
- In Bruges: UNESCO meets black comedy crime 2 October 2017
- De Koninck: Antwerp in a Bottle 24 September 2017
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Kort vei:)...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Koselig lite sted. Neste gang jeg er i nærheten.....
- Hedda: Takk for eit godt og informativt innlegg. No fekk ...
- Ann-Mari: Neste gang må du komme innom 😊 Bor en drøy ha...
- Ann-Mari: Den trappa var bare helt rå! Har bare vært én ...