Victory awaits him, who has everything in order – luck we call it. Defeat is definitely due for him, who has neglected to take the necessary precautions – bad luck we call it. Roald Amundsen *** As you may know, seven countries have claims on the southernmost continent: Antarctic neighbours Argentina, Australia, Chile and New […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The charms of England’s Lake District 29 May 2017
- Things to do in Manchester if you’re not into football 28 April 2017
- Chasing shadows in Czechia 30 August 2017
- A Tale of Two Villas 10 September 2017
- Whimsical Giethoorn – a photo essay 16 July 2017
- Gori: birthplace of the world’s most infamous dictator 17 April 2018
- 11 things you’ll love about Baku 10 April 2018
- Gobustan: rock art and mud volcanoes 1 April 2018
- World at a Glance: Temple of Heaven, Beijing tranquility 23 March 2018
- City of Luxembourg: more than money 19 March 2018
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Love unusual finds like this plantation. Thanks fo...
- Jeanette Brunet: I was in Edinburgh in August of 2015 for 9 days. W...
- Jeanette Brunet: Good job Sophie! You summed up this place beautifu...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Of course! Good luck with your project!...
- Kathleen Hill: Hello! Beautiful pics! I am an art teacher in Fl...
Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Caucasus Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany India Instagram islands Italy London Louisiana Middle East mountains Netherlands New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vikings Wales world at a glance