Gaping holes, pitch black squares and rectangles, glare at me as I approach. And shades of grey. So many shades, many more than 50. Here and there interrupted by patches of rusty red. The abandoned, derelict ruin is all that is left of this once luxurious hotel at Bokor Hill Station. When I hear the […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Chasing shadows in Czechia 30 August 2017
- Whimsical Giethoorn – a photo essay 16 July 2017
- A Tale of Two Villas 10 September 2017
- Gori: birthplace of the world’s most infamous dictator 17 April 2018
- The Waterhead: A Boutique Hotel in the English Lake District 29 July 2017
- Lovely Lucerne: 4 hours is but a glimpse 18 June 2018
- World at a Glance: Flemish béguinages, a 13th century women’s movement 6 June 2018
- Belgian Belfries 31 May 2018
- The Palmyra Hotel in Baalbek: Wacky, Weird and Wonderful 28 May 2018
- The Garden Kingdom of Dessau-Wörlitz 24 May 2018
- Katrin: What a bizzare experience to have! Maybe the citiz...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Love unusual finds like this plantation. Thanks fo...
- Jeanette Brunet: I was in Edinburgh in August of 2015 for 9 days. W...
- Jeanette Brunet: Good job Sophie! You summed up this place beautifu...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Of course! Good luck with your project!...
Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Belgium Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Caucasus Cornwall Cymru daytrip Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram in transit islands Italy London Middle East mountains Netherlands New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance