This is the former Portuguese colony Macau, specifically the ruins of St Paul’s. A quick boat hop from Hong Kong, Macau is well worth a look.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The charms of England’s Lake District 29 May 2017
- A look inside North Korea 1 February 2017
- 11 things you’ll love about Kraków 10 March 2017
- Things to do in Manchester if you’re not into football 28 April 2017
- Chasing shadows in Czechia 30 August 2017
- World at a Glance: Medieval Rhodes 17 January 2018
- Wieliczka Mines: A World of Salt 14 January 2018
- Melk Abbey and the Wachau Valley 11 January 2018
- Day out Bordeaux: Vauban’s military trilogy 8 January 2018
- World at a Glance: Snorri’s hot tub 3 January 2018
- FlyingDryden: I would really love to do the first class (or even...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: How cool! Gotta like such a spirit of defiance....
- Michael van der Riet: I had a RHB passport. Participating businesses in ...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Thanks for stopping by, Eunice. The Okavango Delta...
- Eunice: The thing is the charm of Botswana isn\'t in Gabor...
Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Balkans Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany India Instagram islands Italy London Louisiana Middle East mountains Netherlands New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vikings Wales world at a glance