Medieval Rhodes is beautiful. My favourite thing about this gothic city, however; is that it’s all but impossible NOT to get lost. No new world grid construction here, no straight Roman roads. Within the 4-km city wall, there are hundreds of little streets that don’t even have names. There are gates and squares. Temple ruins, […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The charms of England’s Lake District 29 May 2017
- Chasing shadows in Czechia 30 August 2017
- Whimsical Giethoorn – a photo essay 16 July 2017
- A Tale of Two Villas 10 September 2017
- Vienna to Graz via the Semmering Railway: A UNESCO Kinder Egg 22 June 2017
- The Garden Kingdom of Dessau-Wörlitz 24 May 2018
- 11 things you’ll love about Geneva – in 60 snaps 21 May 2018
- Plantin-Moretus publishing house: a 16th century amazon.com. 18 May 2018
- On Damascus. And trust. 13 May 2018
- Day out Tbilisi: Ananuri Castle and Kazbegi Mountains 9 May 2018
- Katrin: What a bizzare experience to have! Maybe the citiz...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Love unusual finds like this plantation. Thanks fo...
- Jeanette Brunet: I was in Edinburgh in August of 2015 for 9 days. W...
- Jeanette Brunet: Good job Sophie! You summed up this place beautifu...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Of course! Good luck with your project!...
Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Caucasus Cornwall Cymru daytrip Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany India Instagram islands Italy London Louisiana Middle East mountains Netherlands New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance