Once there was a country called Yugoslavia. It was a federation of six republics that existed through most of the 20th century. For much of that time, it was essentially held together by one man, Josip Broz Tito. Marshall Tito died in 1980. Soon after, one republic after another broke out of the federation, and […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Chasing shadows in Czechia 30 August 2017
- A Tale of Two Villas 10 September 2017
- The Waterhead: A Boutique Hotel in the English Lake District 29 July 2017
- The Four Seasons Hotel in Baku: Graceful and luxurious 15 August 2017
- Gori: birthplace of the world’s most infamous dictator 17 April 2018
- World at a Glance: Petroglyphs in Tamgaly Gorge 13 July 2018
- Hiking Qadisha Valley and the Cedars of God 9 July 2018
- Yet another day out Beirut: Byblos, the world’s oldest city? 6 July 2018
- Day out Beirut: Tyre 3 July 2018
- Park Musakowski: biking across borders 28 June 2018
- Katrin: What a bizzare experience to have! Maybe the citiz...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Love unusual finds like this plantation. Thanks fo...
- Jeanette Brunet: I was in Edinburgh in August of 2015 for 9 days. W...
- Jeanette Brunet: Good job Sophie! You summed up this place beautifu...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Of course! Good luck with your project!...
Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Belgium Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Caucasus Cornwall Cymru daytrip Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany Instagram in transit islands Italy London Middle East mountains Netherlands New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Wales world at a glance