Once there was a country called Yugoslavia. It was a federation of six republics that existed through most of the 20th century. For much of that time, it was essentially held together by one man, Josip Broz Tito. Marshall Tito died in 1980. Soon after, one republic after another broke out of the federation, and […]
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan with G Adventures: a trip review 24 November 2016
- 7 things 2016 taught me 31 December 2016
- The charms of England’s Lake District 29 May 2017
- Things to do in Manchester if you’re not into football 28 April 2017
- A look inside North Korea 1 February 2017
- Law & Order: Thingvellir edition 13 December 2017
- The Principal Manchester: a gorgeous space in a gutsy city 5 December 2017
- A Pitstop in Marsaxlokk 27 November 2017
- Grandhotel Cosmopolis: a concrete utopia 23 November 2017
- Valletta and the Knights of St John 16 November 2017
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Thanks for stopping by, Eunice. The Okavango Delta...
- Eunice: The thing is the charm of Botswana isn\'t in Gabor...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: I agree. Very sad!...
- Frances: I read about Svalbard a couple of years after it w...
- Emrah Baskin: lovely article with sharp fotos!, Me too I\'ve bee...
Africa Arabia architecture Arctic Austria Balkans Blogsherpa Britain British Isles Canada Caribbean Cornwall Cymru Denmark Dubai Egypt England Europe France Germany India Instagram islands Italy London Louisiana Middle East mountains Netherlands New Orleans Norway Oslo road trip Spain Sweden Switzerland the Nile travel with children travel with teens UNESCO World Heritage United Arab Emirates USA Vikings Wales world at a glance