Luxembourg. What first pops into your mind? Money and banking? ✔ Yup. Most important industry, by far. A tax haven? Financial secrecy? ✔ It is indeed. Although Luxembourg’s PM claims it isn’t and never was. Amazon HQ? ✔Another yup. Can’t imagine why… One of the three official capitals of the EU? ✔ Along with Brussels and Strasbourg. One […]
Here’s how I did it. Of course, why I would have only 39 minutes in Luxembourg is more interesting, if not disturbing. I’ll get back to that.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The charms of England’s Lake District 29 May 2017
- Things to do in Manchester if you’re not into football 28 April 2017
- Chasing shadows in Czechia 30 August 2017
- A Tale of Two Villas 10 September 2017
- Whimsical Giethoorn – a photo essay 16 July 2017
- Gori: birthplace of the world’s most infamous dictator 17 April 2018
- 11 things you’ll love about Baku 10 April 2018
- Gobustan: rock art and mud volcanoes 1 April 2018
- World at a Glance: Temple of Heaven, Beijing tranquility 23 March 2018
- City of Luxembourg: more than money 19 March 2018
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Love unusual finds like this plantation. Thanks fo...
- Jeanette Brunet: I was in Edinburgh in August of 2015 for 9 days. W...
- Jeanette Brunet: Good job Sophie! You summed up this place beautifu...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Of course! Good luck with your project!...
- Kathleen Hill: Hello! Beautiful pics! I am an art teacher in Fl...