Luxembourg. What first pops into your mind? Money and banking? ✔ Yup. Most important industry, by far. A tax haven? Financial secrecy? ✔ It is indeed. Although Luxembourg’s PM claims it isn’t and never was. Amazon HQ? ✔Another yup. Can’t imagine why… One of the three official capitals of the EU? ✔ Along with Brussels and Strasbourg. One […]
Here’s how I did it. Of course, why I would have only 39 minutes in Luxembourg is more interesting, if not disturbing. I’ll get back to that.
Welcome! I'm Sophie - writer, dreamer, negotiator, wanderer, mum - in search of the world's curious places. Mostly with my daughters, sometimes solo. The girls share their take on it, too.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Chasing shadows in Czechia 30 August 2017
- A Tale of Two Villas 10 September 2017
- The Waterhead: A Boutique Hotel in the English Lake District 29 July 2017
- The Four Seasons Hotel in Baku: Graceful and luxurious 15 August 2017
- Gori: birthplace of the world’s most infamous dictator 17 April 2018
- World at a Glance: Petroglyphs in Tamgaly Gorge 13 July 2018
- Hiking Qadisha Valley and the Cedars of God 9 July 2018
- Yet another day out Beirut: Byblos, the world’s oldest city? 6 July 2018
- Day out Beirut: Tyre 3 July 2018
- Park Musakowski: biking across borders 28 June 2018
- Katrin: What a bizzare experience to have! Maybe the citiz...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Love unusual finds like this plantation. Thanks fo...
- Jeanette Brunet: I was in Edinburgh in August of 2015 for 9 days. W...
- Jeanette Brunet: Good job Sophie! You summed up this place beautifu...
- Anne-Sophie Redisch: Of course! Good luck with your project!...